Fractions for all 🍰

Do you have a target date for Fractions launch?

Hey, the minimum amount will be £1 (equivalent in $) and we’ll allow up to eight decimal points of a share to be purchased, e.g. 0.00000001 :pizza:

8 Likes

We can’t say exactly when, but we’re definitely talking only weeks now.

The feature has been demo’d internally and internal testing is about to commence. There may be a small beta test coming up, so anyone in the beta tester group should stay tuned.

13 Likes

Any update on new stocks being added and has the migration finished ?

4 Likes

In the announcement the list of 250 is claimed to be made up of both stocks and ETFs. Is this the case?

1 Like

The batch of 250 coming up will be US stocks, and we do not provide US ETFs for the reason @Viktor mentions above. There is a section about US ETFs in the announcement:

US ETFs. We can’t add ETFs which are listed only on US exchanges, as they do not publish a KID (key information document) which is currently a legal requirement in the UK.

Dan’s post above is in the context of UK and European fractionals, which will be both for stocks and ETFs.

1 Like

Van Eck US Wide Moat ETF would be good, uses the investment philosophy of Warren Buffet by identifying large cap companies that have a strong defensive moat around them, but are undervalued and likely to perform well over the long term.

Would be a good more defensive fund to hold during a downturn.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and updates @Freetrade_Team

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry just to be clear I understand we can’t have US ETFs. What I’m trying to work out is whether normal GBP ETFs listed on the LSE will be added in this next batch of 250 stocks.

1 Like

I think that’s answered all the same?

In the blog post it specifically mentions US stocks and ETFs. I assumed they just meant GBP ETFs rather than US ones. I am just desperately waiting to hear if more ETFs are coming. If not I will have to build my portfolio elsewhere.

1 Like

Do you expect fractionals to be live this tax year?

1 Like

Any update?:kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like
7 Likes

Keeping us in suspense again. Hope it’s not that they have discontinued FT socks :rofl:

I hope not too. Got a hole appeared in one of my pairs so need a new stock :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can anyone see Viktor ? Is he still typing / writing ? :partying_face::wink:

1 Like

Hopefully I didn’t distract him.

6 Likes

Writing is so last decade. Live stream the announcement :loudspeaker:

6 Likes

Talking is old school.

I want @Freetrade_Team & @Viktor communicating the update through the medium of dance.

7 Likes