Fractions for all 🍰

Just needs a “tick box” on the order screen so you can say yes/no to that order permitting fractional?

4 Likes

Agree with this. Or maybe an input option for the price amount or amount of shares fields? If you wanted to purchase a fractional share(s) you could specify the amount of money you wish to commit (the share field would auto-calculate the approx. fraction you’d own). Alternatively, if you wanted to buy a whole share(s) you could specify the amount of whole share(s) (e.g. 1, 3, 5, or 100 if it’s Lloyds?!) and the cost field would auto-calculate. It would be interesting to hear from the FT team how this will work operationally :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I expect it will be the same as it is on other established platforms. They already have a model to follow. Like I said buying is no problem you just have to be careful when selling

@Yas would love to chat to you more about the reg geek questions. How best can I get hold of you?

Oh gosh, I think there are geeky and more reggy folk in here :flushed:

#SlidingIntoYourDMs

What is the minimum amount you can invest in fractional shares (e.g. $1)? Can you receive dividends in the form of stocks rather than cash? I want to be able to reinvest my dividends hence I am asking this.

2 Likes

Would love to have an updated ETA on this. Can’t wait to have access to fractional shares!

5 Likes

It’s dependent on the investment platform, which should have been rolled out to all users by now. Therefore, i suspect it will be very very close.

1 Like

It’s been next week since November. The only thing fractional right now is my patience.

3 Likes

Wow, doesn’t sound like you have any patience. You don’t have to wait, there already trading platforms that offer fractions.

1 Like

I’ve personally not seen this do you have a source in November were Freetrade says fractionals would be next week?

I’ve always assumed we’re on schedule for fractionals. I.e. after Invest is rolled out.

1 Like

I don’t really want to use multiple brokers, plus I really like freetrade.
They probably are right on time with it but just love teasing us with it every other day :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They said by the end of the week so it should be tomorrow at the latest. I’m still waiting too

In July Freetrade said they’d be the first in Europe to offer fractionals. Then when announcing the Draper Esprit money on 31 October they said they’d be the first in the world to offer them.

Can you send me a source? That can’t be correct as M1 has offered them from before that date.

The Medium Blog post on 31 October 2019 announcing Draper Esprit money.

I think it was actually the first to offer fractionals on European stocks

Freetrade have been beaten to European fractionals too.

Who offers European fractionals?

Found the quote:

"With this investment, we’ll be able to level up our team and further develop our proprietary technology that will enable us to launch our new investment platform, providing users with the option to purchase not only US but UK and European fractional shares — a world first!”

T212 offer European fractionals

3 Likes