Freetrade hires Shahid Naveed as CTO

Shahid Naveed joins to lead Freetrade's global engineering team.

We’re pleased to welcome Shahid Naveed as our new CTO.

Shahid brings nearly twenty years of experience in technical leadership roles. He joins us from London-listed Auction Technology Group, where he was VP of Engineering. Previously, Shahid oversaw the development of Amazon Video’s ownership systems globally. 

Shahid’s appointment follows recent senior hires in Freetrade’s engineering team, including an Engineering Director who joined from US broker-dealer, Alpaca, and who is establishing a new engineering team in Budapest, Hungary.

Shahid Naveed, CTO of Freetrade, said “I am thrilled to join Freetrade as CTO, a company that is clearly passionate about its mission to get everyone investing. I look forward to working with our accomplished leadership team and customer obsessed engineering team to build Freetrade into a truly global brokerage platform that delights our retail investor customers.”

Freetrade CEO and Founder Adam Dodds said, “I’m excited to welcome Shahid to the Freetrade team. He brings a wealth of technical knowledge and leadership experience to this role. He’s able to dive deep into the details, while also setting out a clear strategy to lead our engineering team. I’ve been impressed with the grit that our technical teams have demonstrated throughout this challenging market environment. We’ve shown as a company that we have what it takes to continue to grow and thrive.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://freetrade.io/blog/freetrade-hires-shahid-naveed-as-cto
24 Likes

You can read more about the appointment here:

12 Likes

Looks like a great hire! Good news!

7 Likes

Excellent, good luck Shahid :+1:

7 Likes

Great hire by the looks of it. I think setting up an engineering team in Hungary is the right strategy.

1 Like