GlaxoSmithKline 💊 💉- GSK

Negative dividend growth over the last 5 years? According to HL, 100p was paid in 2015 and only 80p each year since. Can’t see any data from before then.

There was an insight from a seasoned investor into GSK back in April giving a deep dive that his team were bearish on GSK and would choose AstraZeneca as the alternative for the next 5 years or so.

I can not remember the main points but there were a few bearish points made about GSK.

2 Likes

What are people’s thoughts on GSK at this price? Looks very unloved to me with everyone loving AstraZen.

2 Likes

I sold my position, not a fan of the company anymore and can’t see it going anywhere. IMO

If it’s goes below 12£ I’m piling in

1 Like

My thinking with gsk is basically just hold it until it splits hope that leads to some share price recovery and then sell off my stakes in the separate businesses. In the meantime the dividend helps me stay patient. Not looking to add anymore tho, I’m largely holding out of stubbornness at this point.

2 Likes

I refuse to sell at loss. Average down and take the dividend

5 Likes

I took a loss early today before the further drop but kept about a quarter of my holding. The storm clouds seem to be building. I do tend to be a contrarian investor but the uncertainty about the dividend and upcoming split has got too much for me. Watching with interest now… and much less fear

3 Likes

The share price has gone nowhere since 1997. I would suggest before you invest you identify a major catalyst that is going to send it higher over the next 5.years. I would not normally consider an investment unless the catalyst has actually taken place and I can’t see one for Glaxo. There was talk that the business was going to be broken up into separate businesses but no sign of that yet.

1 Like

these are regular dividend payers with decent yields, I don’t buy them for growth I buy them for income.

The shares have been going down 34% since last years high, so i bought in a bit

2 Likes

The results earlier in the month indicate that they are on track to split the company into two separate entities in 2022 - a consumer health business and a biopharma business. At this point the dividend will be reduced.

We are building a high value biopharma pipeline, have substantially integrated our Consumer JV and have delivered all our first year targets for our two year separation programme. This means we are in a strong position to launch new competitive, standalone Biopharma and Consumer healthcare companies in 2022

Distribution policy for new GSK to be implemented in 2022 to support growth and investment. Aggregate distributions expected to be lower than at present

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmithkline-plc--gsk-/rns/final-results/202102031200018844N/

3 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for the link. If you can hold your nerve and average down while most are running the other way, could be profitable. Not for me tho

1 Like

I’m still buying a few here and there, just to average down for a long term hold.
:large_blue_diamond: :open_hands:?

2 Likes

Me too and collecting that chunky dividend along the way

4 Likes

Next dividend payout day is the 8th April.

2 Likes

thought some may be interested in this:

5 Likes

May tip the share price in the right direction if they are authorised emergency use.

1 Like
1 Like