Luckin Coffee ☕️ (LK)

Another great one I never heard of before! Thanks a lot. I’ll follow the company.

1 Like

Your welcome Jakub :+1:t2: Don’t know how it will turn out as nothing goes up in a straight line, but intend to go long and watch this company grow. Best of luck :ok_hand:t2:

I bought few shares back in Sept 2019, Avg $22.08 per share it was suppose to be for long term investment. but i had to sell them for a small profit to buy TESLA shares.

1 Like

I to own Tesla which has been a great month for us :+1:t2:
I’m also in Beyond meat which many say is the Tesla food version :grinning:

I was planning of making LK a decent size, for a long term investment. Luckly I sold out of all

What’s the source of the PDF file? That’s some very aggressive language.

MuddyWatersResearch.

It caused LK to tank to 26 dollars. Got the opportunity to get in. :crossed_fingers: Monday rebuttal.

Oh sorry - missed that!

So what are my options here? I’ve been following Luckin for a while waiting for a dip.

I was hoping that dip would come once I was on the new Freetrade platform, as they’re not currently available through the app.

That obviously hasn’t happened. So, if I want to buy in, I’d need to set up a brokers account elsewhere. But that would be outside of my ISA, so I’d be losing my tax benefits. Is that right?

Any other way around it?

Too late for me. I topped up today, I know they would have been hit hard by the chinese crisis and maybe at a delicate time in their development. But its fingers crossed for a recovery, o think I’m right (always lol)

here comes the rebuttal.

Yes sir. They crashed it to 26 now it’s back up to 38 premarket.

1 Like

It’s up 50% since that fake news

More Chinese markets please!
Luckin coffee (LK)

Request to add Luckin (Symbol: LK) I just read they will be trading on NASDAQ shortly and as a Starbucks Challenger, it would be a good addition.

85% down in pre-market… :face_with_monocle:

wow!

Looks like fabricated sales in 2019 of around RMB 2.2B, as well as fabricated costs and expenses…

MW right it seems.

4 Likes

Muddy Waters are not to be messed with.

If you want to improve your company analysis skills, their plain mega-page reports are excellent reads: https://www.muddywatersresearch.com/

Luckin hired forensic accountants.

"Luckin said the internal investigation is at a preliminary stage and its estimate of the fabricated sales has not been verified by its independent auditor. The company’s special committee has retained Kirkland & Ellis as its independent outside counsel and FTI Consulting as an independent forensic accounting expert.

"Muddy Waters Research said in January that it bet against the stock in light of what it described as fraud and a “fundamentally broken business.”

"Luckin responded by calling the short seller’s report “misleading” and “false.”

““Luckin shows exactly why we need short sellers in the market. We believed this report was credible when we read it, and that’s why we took a position,” Muddy Waters founder Carson Block said in a statement to CNBC. “This is again a wake-up call for U.S. policymakers, regulators, and investors about the extreme fraud risk China-based companies pose to our markets.””

Meanwhile, @Kraftskiva, another short-seller/research firm known for some good calls, may be long Luckin:

2 Likes

Very interesting - thanks for highlighting!