Marcus by Goldman Sachs

I can see this on their website. Do you have link of the 1.25%?

https://www.getchip.uk/chip-plus1

1 Like

Would anybody like to invite me to chip for the +1?

Havenā€™t yet used chip+ or whatever it is called, so canā€™t vouch for it, but done!

If anyone would like to slide into my DMs too, that would be appreciated :wink:

Edit: Iā€™m all good now guys

1 Like

Good stuff, thank you.

1 Like

If two of you need an invite one of you just needs to download the app and then invite the other and youā€™ll both get the 1.25% :+1:

1 Like

If anyone else needs a Chip+1 link you can use mine:

[edit: I have removed the invite link since my post was flagged, apologies]

2 Likes

Can you invest Ā£5k into Chipā€™s interest account and not pay any fees on the service itself?

Currently trying to work out how to do this.

I think you could put the minimum bank balance ridiculously high Ā£1m+ which prevents auto-saving being triggered which is when the fees come into play

1 Like

yes just change the auto save settings

1 Like

Oops sorry looks like I wasnā€™t meant to invite yā€™all above, post says flagged as inappropriate :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Currently, if you turn off the auto saving you wonā€™t get charged any fees, however there have been a few updates to the fee structure recently so worth keeping an eye on

1 Like

The Marcus interest rate is dropping to 0.4% on 1st April 2021 :cry:

1 Like

1 Like

Paltry as it is to begin with Iā€™m sure that 0.4% rate will be at least halved by this time next year.

Cash ISAs were a decent inclusion to an investment portfolio back in the days of 5% interest rates but not now.

3 Likes

Cash rly is trash for the foreseeable.

ā€¦cash flow however, that be a different story :smirk:

The western world has entered the era of ā€˜invest in everythingā€™, ā€˜hold very little cashā€™.

I wish I could comment more of an insight than that.

3 Likes

1.25% in chip currently up to 10k

1 Like

Santander - 2.75% easy access (not much else going for it)

Atom Bank - 4.5% fixed rate bond (great savings options)

Chase - 1.5% easy access + 5% roundups (+ all the other perks the Chase brand will bring, this is the long term winner hands down)

Marcus - 1.8% easy accessā€¦

My 2030 prediction: Nationwide and JPMorgan Chase will be dominating UK banking.

1 Like