Megathread - Crowdfunding

I also invested via CC many years ago and to be honest I’d be happy to take any return on this one and reinvest accordingly. Feel they have been treading water for a while now and not sure where it is all going…

3 Likes

Same here. Green is green and move on. Great to see Trust Stamp on Nasdaq now!

1 Like

Upside investing raising on Seedrs. Something to do with giving the retail investor “smarter insights”. There’s an insights “engine” but no trading yet. Some stuff about Upside coins, an internal currency. Year 4 rev projection is 236m(!)

From their investor presentation:

"Upside is reimagining what stock trading means for retail investors by breaking down the barriers between the professional and retail worlds, providing the data, insight, process, and skill that can allow retail investors to make more informed, intentional decisions, as a path towards a more sustainable approach to investing.

Upside’s philosophy of ‘the science of being right’ is rooted in years of experience running a multi-strategy hedge fund and leveraging data in B2C FinTech businesses.

We believe everyone should benefit from these tools and insights, enabling them to create, develop and share great investment ideas, and become confident and intentional investors."

1 Like

I can’t work out if this is great or terrible. I think the latter but I’m not sure

1 Like

I’m finding the whole proposition a bit confusing tbh. I think the core the idea is to give retail investors investing insight but also (as you screen shot) to help retail investors monetise their own insight.

1 Like

I doubt the problem-solution fit, just sifting through comments, smells fishy too. Personally not going to bother with dd… Currently looking at Savvy Navvy & Good-loop though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thematic ETF’s are available if you want to follow a particular strategy. It’s hard enough to know with professional fund managers how much is luck and how much is a great strategy

2 Likes

Got this from a friend who invested in Klarna via Crowdcube. Anyone else got some insight?

maybe the sale was not authorised by Klarna?

1 Like

Something doesn’t add up.

I wonder if the external share price increased and the secondary seller felt they could get more elsewhere?

1 Like

As for me, previous year had only FT as an option, all other businesses are too small or not interesting

Anyone looking at Hydraloop here on Crowdcube? I might make an exception to physical goods investments because this seems really interesting.

Main DD topics for me are (i) the new build go-to-market strategy, (ii) the partner distribution channel model and (iii) whether this is the right time given that the necessity is not yet fully felt in terms of money (aka water is really cheap in Western countries atm).

Pros: I think the product is great, validation through CES, founders seem strong, team expanded to 30+. Valuation is reasonable given traction & the EUR 9m which has already been sunk into this. Rabobank is a strategic investor, its a Dutch venture and banks are bit more active in the startup space here; personally don’t count is as highly as a proper VC, but its better than angels alone for sure.

Might have a home turf bias though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried investing in the Klarna opportunity too but was saddened that it didn’t go through. Would have been nice to own a piece of the world’s top performing BNPL player that is this close to an IPO.

I suspect the seller got a better offer somewhere.

1 Like

maybe its for the best… the share price of Affirm, the main competitor of Klarna is the US, declined by 50% in the last month…

1 Like

Maybe this is the wrong bit of the forum but did others get an invite to a Freetrade round happening on Seedrs (a big shift from many years with CrowdCube)….

1 Like

Has anyone any thoughts on SOLIVUS? Revenue generating and management team seem to be at the heart of all things renewable.

Did any one get this email from 1854 media below ?
They are selling our shares by force and “dragging us along”?
Who knows how much we will get, if anything?
They raised €1.8m on crowdcube few months ago, who knows what happened to the money??
Glad I didn’t invest in this last round.

Dear shareholder,

This is an official notice of Drag-along as per clause 8 of the Articles of Association of 1854 Media Ltd. In line with clause 8 of the Articles of Association it is deemed that a majority of A shareholders have accepted a bona fide offer from an Offeror and that as a result of the proposed transfer the Offeror will hold more than 55% of the issued A Shares.

The Offerees therefore require the dragged shareholders, being effectively all shareholders, to sell their shares to the Offeror at the same price per share and on the same terms as the Offerees, simultaneously with completion of the sale of the Offerees shares to the Offeror.

Share transfer documents and all other relevant documents will be provided to you in due course upon completion of the proposed. Proportionate distribution of ex-shareholder sale proceeds to your nominated bank account will be administered following receipt of completed share transfer and other documentation.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Bounds
Finance Director
1854 Media Ltd

3 Likes

Probably settled some director loans because they knew they’d need to sell.

Really odd that the email doesn’t say how much they’ve agreed to sell for though.