Morrison Supermarkets šŸ„–šŸ›’ - MRW

Iā€™m holding on as I think there is more money to be had from this one with multiple parties interested in a takeoverā€¦

1 Like

Im still hanging on to see what happens.

2 Likes

Im currently Ā£635 in profit from the price jump. Donā€™t think iā€™ll be adding any more to my position though.

1 Like

Nice. Iv only got very few shares. So not making me rich ha. Only been buying shares a few weeks and still trying to work out best approach. So far iv bought some with several companies. But think Iā€™d be better to stick to 2/3 companys and buy more.

1 Like

I also donā€™t have a very large position in MRW as, apart from a couple of proper investments a year or two ago, I kind of used it to sweep up any remaining Ā£Ā£ left over in my Freetrade account balance.

Top up and buy Ā£tens / hundreds of AV, RB, GSK?
ā€¦
Use the remaining few Ā£Ā£ to buy MRW.

Iā€™ve historically done the same with SBRY. I like the companies but have rarely felt confident to invest a good chunk. Doing it this way makes me feel as though Iā€™d never be losing anything.

Freetrade probably wonders what on earth Iā€™m doing making dozens of share purchases for 3 or 4 shares at a time for the grand total of Ā£5 or Ā£6!

I guess itā€™s my investment equivalent of rounding up a card purchase with the difference going to charityā€¦

3 Likes

@Coolsmp Nice work!

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-9717935/amp/Morrisons-shareholder-Silchester-hands-partners-110m-windfall.html

3 Likes

Well we are having a good afternoon so far ā€¦

2 Likes

Looking nice!!!

2 Likes

Hopefully climb a bit more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do the same with spare change.

Also, I sell a couple of shares that have gained enough, and use these to invest into what I think could be undervalued companies. I did this with MRW and my position grew over time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not long ago these were probably one of my worst performing investments. Glad I stuck with them.

1 Like

Itā€™s a beautiful plot to see for sureā€¦

1 Like

And thatā€™s the beauty of Freetrade, you can buy small amounts as there is no commission fees to pay.

2 Likes

I thought Iā€™d invest in Supermarkets as we all need food no matter what the situation of the world, and I thought MRW was best placed in the market to make some Ā£Ā£Ā£ from an investment.

1 Like

One of the big share holders is suggesting Ā£2.70 per share as a price MRW should consider selling at to any biddersā€¦

1 Like

See if that pushes it back up

1 Like

254p agreed

5 Likes

CD&R coming over the top of this surely.

Amazon?