Neil Woodford's fund

Iā€™m talking a few shares, not hundreds. Itā€™s a
risk

Iā€™m not sure how much (Ā£2.5 million+ a year) Chris Hill truly feels the same frustration as his customers ā€¦ unless he has put a significant amount of his Ā£2.5 million a year salary into the Woodford fund ā€¦ however I imagine if he did then he probably took his money out a few years ago when he realised it was going down hill.

All cynical speculation on my part.

1 Like

Not Chris Hill butā€¦

2 Likes

That guy dumped HL shares because he knew FreeTrade is coming to take a piece of their pie. :grin:

Hargreaves Lansdown market cap at the time he sold: Ā£10B+

4 Likes

Kind of veering away from Ā£WPCT now, with the leverage and now this? Even a 30% NAV discount wouldnā€™t be enough risk offset for me.

The last annual report had a full list of investments from what I recall.

Other than that I know they required you to signup or something to view them previously. Concealing information will just make people more suspicious of them, almost sounds like they want to loseā€¦

you had to sign up but at least you could then see everything, including information pages for many of the holdings. Now I only know 54% of what is in the trust and its mostly unlisted. The words ā€œrecipeā€ and ā€œdisasterā€ come to mind.

A cheerleader for Neil Woodford netted Ā£5.6 million by selling Hargreaves Lansdown shares less than three weeks before the company became embroiled in the furore over the suspension of theā€¦

That sound suspiciously like insider trading, he could end up in jail if heā€™s not careful

I just checked the last annual report for WPCT and page 21 & 22 has all the investments. The portfolio weightings total up to 100.02% because the values are rounded but the full list is there for the year ended 31 December 2018.

Are we talking about different things?

ā€” On second thoughts there is talks of him moving around the unlisted securities in the funds so the portfolio standings at the end of last year could be completely out.

Does anyone have an example of what happened in reality when a fund that was trading at a discount to NAV got shut down in some way? Did share holders actually receive money in line with the NAV? Some percent less? If less, where did the money go?

Highly recommend this video for retail investors - good summary & learning points:

1 Like

:pray:

4 Likes

I like pensioncraft

This guy v good too and more accessible.

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope he bounces back - itā€™s not nice to see, letā€™s just hope it doesnā€™t get any messier. No doubt there will be loads of people panicking right now.

The manager has now reverted to disclosing just the top positions for his three funds: the suspended Woodford Equity Income fund, the smaller Woodford Income Focus and his Woodford Patient Capital WPCT investment trust.

Patient Capital up 6% Today! Should have brought some yesterday!

1 Like
1 Like

Listening to the FCA is normally the best course of action

2 Likes

He shares some more details about why it was necessary for him to suspend the fund & gives his reasons for its underperformance here too.

Woodford Issues Another Apology, Remains Bullish on ā€˜Cheapā€™ U.K. - Bloomberg

1 Like