NIO - NIO - Share Chat

This was cool! It shows the actual battery swap taking place as well… in just 3 minutes for £8-10!

6 Likes

Seriously impressive. He mentions they have working infrastructure up the entire east coast as well, and you don’t pay for charge already held in the battery to be removed. You’re not going to swap out a full battery, so they don’t charge you for the remaining %. Very nice touch for under £10, although in China that is a fortune and it wouldn’t be viable anywhere in the west at those prices… I’d imagine you would be looking at £50 a swap here, to account for premium service, wages, skilled technicians and overheads as our UK service stations have extortion written into the lease agreement…

NIO are also competing in the insane Formula E battle royale this week. The season has been condensed into one week of 8 races at the same track, with different track configurations. They are not leading the field but these races are very enjoyable as the batteries run out in or around the last lap, and drivers who picked the wrong pace strategy get ruined. Race Calendar | FIA Formula E

1 Like

FE is great, but just fyi they aren’t really a manufacturer anymore - they sold the majority stake in the team as part of the cost cutting last year. They still sponsor them though, so they get that brand recognition of being “The” Chinese EV maker, but for tens of millions of dollars less. Also they were directly involved right from the beginning - not many EV manufacturers can boast five full seasons of all-electric motorsport experience, including four seasons of drivetrain development.

2 Likes

The video has already made the assumption that if the same service was in the UK (free if first hand, pay per kWh if second hand) then you would pay 13-15p per kWh and say 80kWh difference, that’s around £10 (£11.20). In China it would be 0.547 CNY per kWh, 80kWh is 43.76 CNY, around £4.80.

Massive jump today!.. Looks to driven by a UBS analyst upgrade and perhaps a short squeeze? Anyone else any ideas?

1 Like

I just hold. Probably good data coming out of china as well.

2 Likes

For me at the moment, I see NIO as a hold at least until it has turned in a couple of consecutive quarters of profit. And that’s probably still a while away. I expect them to get there though.

4 Likes

In 2013/2014 Tesla sold 22,400/32,000 cars, its share price grow from 20 to 280. NIO will finish 2020 with 35000 cars, its share price had not moved a bit, yesterday is the new start after wall street realized its true value. Looking for $50+ before end of 2020, and $200 in 2021. Hold your shares, and let it be on record.

1 Like

What’s a great day :rocket::rocket::rocket:

5 Likes

Market Cap

NIO - 24.193B
Tesla - 394.592B

I’d be interested to compare their market caps when their car production figures were similar although I still think that Tesla is grossly overvalued even though I’m a big fan of theirs and would like to own one!

It would be great if any of the investors can make a case for NIO. Product/CEO/Strategy/Technology/Market/Management/etc

The biggest problem for Tesla before the market got confident and the share price started to get crazy was large scale manufacturing capability.

This latest pop looks like a short squeeze.

Looks like it will open red today if people start taking profits

They’re crowdfunding now. I just started a post :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.investors.com/news/nio-stock-rises-production-milestone-electric-car-leader/

1 Like

Solid rise in NIO today off the back of news that they hit 5,000 cars produced in one month.
It’s creeping up to that $40 target price…

Sure is and earnings report out in a few weeks. I’m currently cost average around $18 so any pull backs greatly appreciated

What a rally​:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

My NIO holdings are in my AJ Bell ISA (don’t ask) but I won’t be able to see my gains until tomorrow because AJ Bell hasn’t updated yet - they still show yesterday’s COB price.

Still, I’m glad I got into this one when I did. I wish I had more cash available to shovel in.