Portfolio management using Python

Hello everyone!

Has anyone have any experience managing their portfolios using Python? (e.g. calculations of expected returns, volatility, rebalancing, etc)

I am trying to get something set up, and some pointers, tips, resources would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all!

6 Likes

I’m interested in using python for visualising trades and my portfolio etc too. Maybe bokeh for some pretty, interactive graphs and a dashboard. However without an API or a basic CSV download currently it’s not so easy to get started I would think.

1 Like

This would be really cool. Although I doubt it’s a priority for the company at the moment. My view is that it will attract tons of youths as Python is that in Universities and many finance-users would know about it and constanly look for this. Currently the best is IB Api which comes for 180/200£ a month. I don’t know others for retailers (saxo, deutsch bank and others have them but for professionals…and of course bloomberg - but 15000k it’s a no go for the terminal ahah)

1 Like

I’d agree it’s not a priority, and there’s a topic already about an API as well as one about a CSV download. Shame though as downloading a basic CSV of trades is probably an hours work for someone- anyone who wanted to play around with it I suspect wouldn’t care if it’s not polished, is only a beta feature, etc.

1 Like