Roblox - RBLX - Share Chat

All US IPOs recently have been day one, chill.

Apparently this is a direct listing though so might be different.

My seven year old son is demanding I purchase stocks for him when this goes live. Say no more.

1 Like

That sounds like financial advice. :kick_scooter:
Does he have any other tips?

1 Like

Well, he told me to buy 2 Brewdog shares back in the day when it was equity for punks IV - he liked the dog (and I liked the beer). He never listens to me, so Iā€™ll listen to him! :joy:

1 Like

Brewdog always raises for the same valuation though as far as I know?! So you wouldnā€™t have made any paper gains anyway :grinning:

Since this is now a direct listing, will it be available on the first day of its direct listing? @Freetrade_Team

It will be. Looking at Bumble that went live on secondary market about 5.50pm so probably similar.

Hi,

Roblox is listed under the upcoming ipos page: Upcoming IPOs - Latest IPO calendar 2022

It seems to be going down the direct listing path instead of an ipo, this seems to be on the 10th of March - Roblox Shares to Begin Trading March 10 - WSJ

Will this stock be listed on the 10th of March in Freetrade? and if so, will this stock be a premium plus only?

Kind regards,
Kaan

IPOs are not plus as standard so Iā€™d guess not seeing as its similar.

Hopefully direct listing might mean we donā€™t have to wait for secondary market so it should be on quicker? Might be a fairer opening price :grin:. @Freetrade_Team

1 Like

Is there any news regarding whether or not Roblox will be listed on Freetrade on the 10th of March?

Yes

1 Like

@Freetrade_Team Is there any updates on whether this stock will be added to the Freetrade app on the day of its direct listing on the 10th of March?

1 Like

Hi everyone

First of all, welcome @theewozza @Rajpal @Germaphobe @Kongolei @Ewaf @Benburn97 to the forum :wave:

We are in touch with our US execution partner about the stock, and we expect to be able to add RBLX as soon as itā€™s available on the secondary market.

Will keep you updated on this thread.

Here is an interesting blog if anyone hasnā€™t seen them yet:

2 Likes

This stock is on my radar for a long term hold and I am definitely buying it. If FT doesnā€™t add it on the first day I will have to stop my premium and transfer out my ISA as I cannot lose this opportunity.
Please FT I really want to stick with you for next year ISA, do your best and add this stock. It hasnā€™t been the best time lately with your service, I must say.

Hi @An2dre, as I mentioned above, we are getting prepped and plan to add this the moment the stock hits the secondary market, as we do with all big IPOs!

This is a process we have worked hard to shave off every second and enable us to be as fast as possible to hit the ā€˜liveā€™ button. I like to think about it a bit like an Olympic sprinter training, or a pit stop on a Formula 1 race. Except maybe not quite as fast.

My sincere apologies for any other issues youā€™ve had recently, we have been working to resolve these and resume our usual standard of service.

7 Likes

Feels good to blackmail a Ā£500m company and get a response. I tried telling the man at Currys that Iā€™d buy my ps5 somewhere else but he didnā€™t care.

2 Likes

We aim to pleaseā€¦

2 Likes

The patience of the FT team is unrivalled.

Iā€™d certainly have a less polite response to someone threatening to take their business elsewhere, but I guess thatā€™s why I donā€™t work in a customer facing role :joy:

3 Likes

Will we be notified on March 10th when this stock comes to the app? or is it something we will need to keep checking throughout the day?

A typical recent IPO goes like this in my experience.

2.30 Market opens and the app says no price available
4.00 you see a news story saying ā€˜Roblox surges to twice itā€™s IPO on debutā€™
5.00 Posters on the forum start moaning and blaming FT, rich people and hedge fund trickery
4.30-6.00ish It opens to secondary market and surges as we all pile in like a tube train at rush hour
:bulb:
At this point use limit orders or you could pay any amount or get rejected
About 5 minutes later: FT post it on twitter
About 5 minutes later: in-app notification

So if you care about the 10 minutes then just watch the forum, otherwise it will probably dip after that anyway.

3 Likes