S&P 500 performance

From 2016 → today there has been approx. 130 days with record closes for the Dow. If you stopped buying at record highs in 2015 you’d have missed out on a fair amount …

Also I can only invest so much each month so I have to pick something :man_shrugging:t3::joy:

A general uptrend from here but the key action looks to be around 2900 where there was previous support and resistance. Definitely looks bullish but with the economic news at the moment that could easily change. Thoughts?

Individual stock picks and active fund managers to outperform and passive indexes to struggle in the volatility.

It’s anyone’s guess as to the extent that historical data can help with a unique situation, but here’s a bunch of it:

Keynes: “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”

• The S&P 500 hit an all-time closing high of 3,386 on February 19.
  • In just over a month, it then fell 34% to 2,237.
  • It quickly rebounded by 16% over the next eight days to 2,585 on March 31.
  • Including the month of April it has risen 641 points or 29%, and from its all-time high it is only down 15%.

Meanwhile earnings are generally projected to go down.

Any guesses where the S&P 500 is heading next?

This chat is setup for anything to do with the S&P 500 Index and US companies, feel free to add anything to this in regards to the S&P 500.

1 Like
1 Like

Not directly S&P, but just about the US dollar.

What is going on with this market at the moment??

1 Like

wow that’s insane! thank you

1 Like

Hope its OK to ressurect this thread.

As the S&P now halts and it’s being suggested that there is likely to be no upside for the remainder of the year - when is the right time to buy/increase holdings of S&P 500 weighted trackers/funds?

Are people likely to hold or are they likely to sell out, creating more buying opportunities?

I hold
VUAG
L&G Global Technology Index

• An AJ Bell (Hell) Fund

Thanks in advance

People who suggest that there is no upside have no idea what they are talking about. Don’t be surprised if there’s a new all time high in 3 weeks. Nobody knows how stocks will develop but what’s shown is that time in the market always beats timing the market over the long run

So just dollar cost average into whatever fund you like.

4 Likes