Sirius Minerals šŸ‘¾ ā› - SXX

It is a tempting tactic if you truly believe that the market has overreacted. Sometimes it works out, often not. My averaging down in Carillion didnā€™t work out too well but doing the same with Petropavlosk got me my entire capital back and I got out. Whatever you do, do so only if you can afford to lose the entirety of the investment/gamble in question. If you are encroaching or would be in life-changing territory if things go awry then do not do it.

2 Likes

Same for me, literally only coins invested a couple of weeks ago. You can say it is for the fun or a gamble, as they say.

SXX is not a serious investment at the moment, and no one should take it as such. There is a big chance of it becoming worthless and some people do not seem to realise what it means.

It means whatever you invest becomes Ā£0.00

ā€˜When Andrew Davies, 59, and his friend were weighing up whether to invest in Sirius six years ago, the boost to the local economy was a factor in their decision.
Fortunately, Mr Davies bought some Sirius shares when they were less than a penny and the highest he paid was 7pā€™

Not sure that SXX shares have been < 1p in this timescale but if true thatā€™s some paper profit gone :scream:

10 years ago they were under Ā£0.01, literally a pennystockā€¦ image

Had to share my thoughts on Sirius - for anyone interestedā€¦

4 Likes

@Certi.Curti youā€™re a legend :ok_hand:

Certi.Curtiā€™s 22 September portfolio update is out:

3 Likes

Those grasping to some hope that the government will step in without their shares being wiped out in the process should see the news about Thomas Cook. If theyā€™re not going to save 9000 real jobs then they wonā€™t save 2000 imaginary ones

8 Likes

Sticking it out is simply making a bad situation worse. If your Ā£120k investment is now worth Ā£20k the only question is ā€˜what is the best investment I can make with my Ā£20k to achieve my goal?ā€™. I doubt Sirius is the answer.

1 Like

likeā€¦

3 Likes

The Prospect Theory in action where crystallising a loss canā€™t be faced.

1 Like

Well, Thomas Cook has been dwindling away for a long time. The business model doesnā€™t match the current market. Sirius does have a valuable resource, itā€™s a shame they went for such a convoluted approach.

I mean forget it being Sirius, Iā€™d be shocked at anyone investing Ā£155K in any one stock (if this is your entire lifeā€™s savings and youā€™re not a billionaire or whatever)

2 Likes

Using the 5% rule, youā€™d need a Ā£3.1m portfolio to invest that amount in a single company and even then investing your maximum allocation in a risky company like Sirius is mad.

3 Likes

Another nasty fall today.

Sirius Minerals is still a top buy this week. Wonder if itā€™ll make a appearance on next weekā€™s list.

It will be top every week or till it goes under are people on here buying the odd few shares with there spare change or investing a set amount a week.I learnt my lesson with debenhams but luckily only had a small amount invested.

Unbelievable.

How are Freetrade calculating ā€œtop buyā€? If itā€™s number of shares, then - Yeah itā€™ll be top till it goes under or Freetrade decide to include more penny stocks.

Itā€™s just % of users who purchased at least 1 share. Really disappointing list, I just ignore it :confused: hopefully theyā€™ll add one based on total value instead of number of users

2 Likes