Sirius Minerals 👾 ⛏ - SXX

1000 people + supply chain and multiplier is not to be sniffed at in an area of general deprivation. I agree with you otherwise, its obvious it was going to be difficult to begin mining and market the products. My point was if it was certain that the £500m and unlocked credit facility would guarantee the project into the future alone then it would be worth it.

This is clearly true, but its not the point. They’re trying to develop a resource.

1 Like

Sure - I guess the general rule though is that if the market stays away so should the government.

1 Like

The conservative majority in Whitby is only 3400. They’ll need to hold seats like this on December 12th

Interesting times ahead for this stock.

1 Like
2 Likes

Not much substance here the bull case has eroded as heavily as the share price! However, somewhat positive for anyone clinging on.

I ended up selling mine due to the lack of updates and I was pissed at the CEO for rejecting a deal to secure financial aid, due to “market conditions” pfft worry about that once you have production/trade ffs! Getting it off the ground is more important! :unamused: I despair.

I don’t think they ever actually secured the money. I think the ‘tough market conditions’ remark was CEO speak for no-one wants to give us money.

2 Likes

Anglo American has made a takeover bid for Sirius Minerals, the UK-listed miner struggling to build a giant potash mine on the North York Moors.

Anglo American identified Sirius’s potash project as being of potential interest some time ago, “given the quality of the underlying asset in terms of scale, resource life, operating cost profile and the nature and quality of its product."

This is left field, but good news. Share price is £0.05 this morning.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

4 Likes

I bought it quite nicely at £0.03 so this is looking good on my end. However, will be interesting to see what would happen during a buyout. Would we be offered a low share price or options to keep hold of the stock?

Edit: Just noticed some articles talk of 5.5p per share.

1 Like

Interesting - who’s taking a punt then? Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

1 Like

I chucked a tiny amount in these (less than £10) just before they plummeted. So glad I dont have a meaningful position in them.

Good luck anyone getting on this today and those who’ve been invested a long time. Hope it’s good news. Must be a lot of holders on FT :pray:

3 Likes

I ended up putting the few pence that were left in my account into this.

Tempted to stick something like £10-£20 into it.

before you do - check out the LSE SXX share chat.

Do you mean check this discussion thread or do I need to look elsewhere? Link?

I assume this.

2 Likes

that’s the one

1 Like

Offer price is 5.5p so it appears to be too late for a punt, unless you’re thinking there will be a competing bid?

A lot of losses are going to be crystallized here. At least it’s not a total wipe out, which is what I thought might happen. Well done anyone who bought below 5.5p (since ~17th Sept).

1 Like

Currently up 50% on Sirius.
Went in when it was around 2.9p I took a speculative position. Worked out nicely for me, but I must be clear that this was not an ‘investment’ it was a gamble one which had very little risk for me (not so much for the people that bought at 10-45p.

5 Likes