Trade bonds directly (not using an ETF)

The previous title (Bonds Trading Bonds) was a James Bond reference. Thanks for letting me know that was not clear enough. I thought it was witty XD.

Regarding the bonds ETFs from my understanding so far, since they don’t hold the bonds to maturity, make the calculation of the YTM a bit more complicated. So knowing how the specific ETF works is very important as well knowing what are the bonds in it so that you can have an idea of how the price will be affected by the introduction of new bonds with higher or lower coupon.

1 Like

Generally speaking, but HL offer UK Gilt trades online at their normal share dealing price (from what I can tell from their website, I haven’t tried it myself), and don’t charge their normal platform fee to hold them. So it’s actually one of the cheapest things you can do with them.

@Rob talks about the increased complexity and costs for bond trading in general, but can a similar carve-out be applied at Freetrade just for UK Gilts?

So what’s in 3rd place?

Just wondering does anyone know what bonds and commedities they have on freetrade id like to see something in these sections espically with commodities so i can hedge against inflation. If anyone can direct me to what can start going into the commodities section and bonds and what they have invested in and why it would be a big help.