3% interest for plus users

sheā€™s wrong

Correct which led me to believe that more than Ā£4K could be held. I also wasnt paid the interest

If it is money that i am not using, why should i not use it to decrease my monthly subscription, no?

1 Like

2 weeks ago I wouldā€™ve agreed but right now I like having some cash around :joy:

1 Like

Hm! I suppose you can try again with the customer service in-app chat and cite their blogā€¦ Or direct-message one of the Customer Ops managers through the forum (Customer ops - freetrade - Freetrade Community)? Or email (Dedicated channels and how weā€™re scaling support for you, 15th Feb 2021)? That was a really weird response for them to give you.

sameā€¦ would put it all in stonks!!!

Dont get me wrong i would invest all of it, but atm im just waiting out to see what the market does

1 Like

Thank you for your reply :+1:

yeah i supposeā€¦ just a bit pointless in my opinion to have it sitting there doing nothing for 12 quid a monthā€¦ hell even if you invested 500 quid of it on something that earnt you 2% youā€™d pay for your subscription.

1 Like

At this point whatever i have invested in has dipped, inculding recently. So im waiting for it to dip further and then buy

2 Likes

thats fair enough!! i feel your pain, red is my favourite colourā€¦ on a car! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ā£500 x 2% is Ā£10
So ā€œifā€ an investment rose by 2% within month surely it would only ā€œpay for your subscriptionā€ if sold - and for one month ?

And then one would have to repeat, month after month.

If only investing (trading) was so certainā€¦:thinking:

Surely more realistic is to invest Ā£4,000 in something with a Dividend Yield of 3% (or better)ā€¦ or invest Ā£3,000 in something yielding 4% (or better) ?
(Perhaps an Investment Trust with payments at least Quarterly ?)

Does the 3% interest apply to cash thatā€™s held in a SIPP account @Freetrade_Team ? - the page at Earn 3% interest on cash in Freetrade Plus mentions GIA and ISA but isnā€™t very clear on whether SIPP is included.

Answering my own questionā€¦ no thereā€™s no interest on SIPP account.

So if you had a spare 4K lying around you could put it into your Freetrade account, earn about Ā£12 per month which would basically pay for you to have the plus account?

Is that correct?

My calculation was a bit different to most peoples, I guess, as I wanted an ISA anyway, but didnā€™t especially need the plus features. I still went for plus just because of this 3% offer.

For for me, the interest will exactly cancel out the plus fee, so effectively Iā€™m saving Ā£3 per month on the ISA fees. To get Ā£36 in interest on Ā£4000, Iā€™d need a rate of 0.9% which is better than pretty much every instant access savings account.

Iā€™d like to keep spare cash easily accessible, but waiting a week for it shouldnā€™t be the end of the world, so it seems like a good deal to leave an extra Ā£4000 cash in my ISA, as I want to invest it slowly over the next few months anyway.

Also, if the interest is paid directly into the ISA, itā€™ll effectively increase my ISA allowance by that much too.

Ā£10 per month

2 Likes

I didnā€™t do the math, I just saw 12 quid in a post above. :slightly_smiling_face:

With Freetrade Plus being Ā£9.99. Itā€™s still essentially paying for itself though right?

Do i need to keep 4k there for whole month, or can i take it out for example at the beginning of the month and have it in there before the interest is paid?

Hi @Redandblack313

Welcome to the community :ocean:

Interest is paid monthly but calculated daily. So youā€™d need to park the money if youā€™d wanted to earn the intrest.

2 Likes