ISA and Freetrade Plus benefits

I hope you guys can help with my queries. I am looking at ISA options for sharedealing this coming April 2021. I already have the GIA account with Freetrade.

If I open a ISA account:

• would I also need the Freetrade Plus membership to get access to more stocks, or is this already included in with the £3 per month ISA?.
  • Do you earn interest on the cash portion in your ISA (I know there is one with the Plus membership)

TIA for your replies

1 Like

would I also need the Freetrade Plus membership to get access to more stocks, or is this already included in with the £3 per month ISA?

Yes. With £3 per month ISA you are getting only ISA. With £10 Plus you are getting ISA, plus more features and expanded stock universe. I mean, I don’t know if you NEED it, but it’s there if you want it.

Do you earn interest on the cash portion in your ISA (I know there is one with the Plus membership)

yes

1 Like

A point i was going to make, lots of people dont need plus, the stocks and funds arnt necissary for you’re average investor, but it just depends on what you’re wanting to do with your investing.

Only if you have plus. You’ll earn interest in your ISA and GIA account. Just to clarify a bit

1 Like

And interest with Plus is capped at £4,000 of cash, even if you had a cash balance of £10,000, so all it really does is pay for the Plus membership.

And give your money some work to do while it’s uninvested

1 Like

Wow! Extremely quick replies, thanks all for the info.

1 Like