⚠️ A few Exchange Traded Products (ETF/ETCs) temporarily disabled in Discover

It is very troubling for those that want to sell their holdings.

Fortunately RMAP is still available if you want to buy.

Hi all :wave:

Just to update everyone here: due to recent order quoting issues from the market makers on some of our Exchange Trade Products (ETF/ETCs), we’ve had to disable these temporarily from Discover.

Existing holders may also experience issues placing sell orders until this issue is resolved. If you’re having any issues, please get in touch with us.

The impacted ETF/ETCs are:

1. iShares Physical Gold ETC
  2. iShares Gold Producers UCITs ETF
  3. WisdomTree Physical Silver ETC
  4. iShares Physical Silver ETC
  5. HSBC MSCI Brazil UCITS ETF
  6. iShares Physical Platinum ETF
  7. Gold Bullion Securities ETC

We’re working to resolve this issue with our market makers as quickly as possible so that we can re-enable them for all customers.

Best,
Alex

Thanks Alex, appreciate the answer. It would be interesting to find out why once you know.

1 Like

@acamp Hi Alex. I take it the same issue with ITM Power. I’ve just had “Buy” rejected 10 times.

1 Like

Hi Neil,

Can you send us a note in app and we’ll look into this for you? As I understand, ITM Power is not subject to the same issue.

Best,
Alex

This has been resolved. It was a separate issue but thanks for the response

1 Like

Got few failures and buy didn’t went through for airtel Africa today.

Given that FT team has been aware of this issue for some time, it would be good at least have some notification in app.

2 Likes

Or some further explanation, provided silver is +12% in last 24 hours
@acamp ?

2 Likes

also, could I suggest an improvement. if a stock has to be temporarily disabled, could you keep it live in the app but disable the buy/sell buttons with an explanation as to why?

3 Likes

Morning - we’re looking into this and trying to get it resolved as quickly as possible. If you haven’t done so already, please do send us a message in app and we will keep you updated with the latest.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Appreciate that this is frustrating and we want to get this fixed ASAP.

Best,
Alex

Great suggestion, thanks! Will make sure we pass this along to engineering/design so that we can look into developing something like this.

2 Likes

Hi.

I AM LOCKED INTO A POSITION of shares in silver & gold where I am unable to buy or sell more SINCE MONDAY. Specifically ‘Wisdom Tree physical silver’ and ‘Ishares physical gold.’ I have lost £700 since market open this morning where I am unable to sell my position. This is A BREACH OF YOUR REGULATIONS. You cannot lock someone into a position they cant escape from. I demand to speak with your compliance department. You must make a price for me.

Harrison.

Have you tried contacting them through the chat on app?

I have had no replies this morning.

They have replied over the last few days but there is no news of when this is being resolved. Just ‘we will reach out to you’.

I may be going crazy but both of those ETFs look like they’re up today. Unless the charts I’m looking at are wrong

Silver dropped from 22.45 to 21.45 between 07:30 -8:30 GMT this morning. hugely up on open but dropped 5% within 30 mins.

Up or Down, I can imagine the frustration at not having access to you’re own funds, especially if you are wanting to reinvest it elsewhere. :man_facepalming:

I’ve been trying to buy more since Monday open. Silver has increased by over 10% since then. And I’m unable to sell either - that in itself is illegal. I’m completely locked in position with no way out.

I had the same issue with Honeywell. The only way to sell was to sell small amounts at a time. Try that.