A lil doc to help you start investing

Hey guys!

As I spent much of 2017-2018 learning about finance, I realised that once you understand a few basic rules, how simple it can be to start building your financial freedom.

I spent a little time over the new year putting these learnings into a cheeky doc for my family and close friends, and thought itā€™d be nice to share here for anyone whoā€™d like to have a read.

If youā€™re finance-y inclined this may all seem trivial, but I wanted to share it for any of us that arenā€™t, because these little things can save years of hard work (literally)!

I hope you like it and itā€™s useful for you!
Niki :heart:

The realest reason to take care of your personal finances is to gain the freedom to do more of what you want, whenever you want, with whomever you want.

The goal of this doc is to show you how to get started in 25 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vfe54bjcdhegd53/AACOY0pMfSrzqh0Z3r4W3X33a?dl=0

27 Likes

Will download this when I get home. Seems very useful.

1 Like

Thanks Niki - great document for beginners to understand investing :+1:

2 Likes

Hey James,
Thatā€™s great thanks! I hope you like it and find it useful :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Niki

Hey Stu,
Thanks for checking it out and your kind words :pray::pray:
Niki

1 Like

Hey,
Haha thank you for checking it out, I hope it was a useful read :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Niki

1 Like

This is a great resource :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

When I started investing a few years ago, it took so long to find good information and learn the basics that youā€™ve outlined in here.

1 Like

Great doc, well done, must have been lots of work writing that! Iā€™ve left a couple of comments in the doc :slight_smile: (and feel free to happily delete them, theyā€™re just ideas)

1 Like

Hey Rod,
Massive thank you for your kind words and your notes, saved them for the next version (more feedback the merrier).
:heart:
Niki

Hey Phil,
Thank you for reading and your kind words :slight_smile:
Niki

This is an incredible document thanks for sharing. Iā€™d like to share it with a couple of people at work who could do with learning a bit more about personal finances if thatā€™s OK?

Only thing Iā€™d add is in the diagram demonstrating cash flow for poor middle and rich persons, would be to add real estate onto the assets column for middle as at that point there is a mortgage liability and in most cases (hopefully) real estate should be worth more than to just offset the mortgage?

1 Like

Hey @Wulfy,

Thank you for your kind words and your point about where real estate sits in those diagrams (am adding to my notes for the next iteration) :slight_smile:

And absolutely, please feel free to share it with your colleagues, happy for anyone to read it and hope itā€™s useful for them.

Thanks!
Niki

1 Like

This really is a great guide. It pretty much sums up the advice I have found over the past few years from audiobooks and reading various books and blogs.

1 Like

Hey Carl, thank you!! :slight_smile:

Nice one Niki, a really good read.

1 Like

Hey Mike, thanks so much!! :slight_smile:

Hi. This document is no longer available on that link. Any chance you could reshare it?
Thank you

2 Likes

Please reshare if possible, would love a read :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey @AnaUK and @rudzy89, sure thing, please see an updated draft here:

I hope itā€™s useful for you :slight_smile:

Note: In this draft I reference a website a few times (FL30 .com) that I have not built yet, can skip over those parts. Thanks!

@jbowen Quiet indeed (as much of my work life has been shaken up at the moment), but with regard to the doc, itā€™s is really about helping people understand what the financial tools are and how they can use them, not specific investing tips etc. That said I am in awe of the stock marketā€™s bullishness these days :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Thank you very much, really appreciated :blush:

1 Like