AACQ - Artius Acquisition Inc - Share Chat

With SPACS it’s always good to be able to get Una’s close to NAV as possible.

Is it possible for us to start getting them early?

Thank you!


AACQ are in talks with Origin Materials, as per Bloomberg Terminal.


Overnight price is already up 20% - too late to buy for market open, it’s closed Monday right?

What price would you even be buying at?

I bought in near NAV, but I wouldn’t recommend paying more than $12-$13. I guess it depends on whether you are looking for some quick returns or intend to hold it long-term.

Just wait to see how things play out. Of course, if the deal doesn’t materialise, it’ll drop like a stone. That said, Bloomberg are usually spot on with their reports.

Wow, I literally topped up my holding on Thursday, talk about good timing for once😅

1 Like

What everyone’s strategy with this . I only have a small position on this one. Do you think it’s still a buy tuesday?

I think that really depends on what price it actually opens Tuesday. Equally it’s just a rumour for now so this could of course tank if it doesn’t materialise. Working on the basis that the rumour is correct I need to do some research on Origin Materials as I don’t really know anything about it. That can then be the basis to work out what a fair valuation and hence share price would be. I know that doesn’t really answer your question😅

Thanks. I’m quite new to investing and thought is take a chance on a couple of spacs. Got this and ajax I. Also have NIO and xpeng.

1 Like

This is moving in pre-market because of this: https://twitter.com/spacbobby/status/1360375765838098433?s=21

So, the merger was officially announced on Wednesday and the reaction since has been a bit of a damp squib.

I’m not expecting this to rocket, but I’d like to see it in the $16-$18 region within the next 4-6 weeks.

Yes, it’s been disappointing. Origin materials sounds amazing on paper but if you look at the deal presentation, they are starting revenues from 2023 onwards. So that was disappointing to see and I think that’s the reason it got a cold response so far. Company could be a good opportunity in long term but who knows.

I got in when Bloomberg rumour came through. So will probably exit in couple of weeks time with some profit if any :slight_smile:

1 Like

Origin Materials - AACQ Deloitte Assessment:

1 Like