Acacia Mining - ACA ⛏

I thought acacia mining was already on FT, has it been removed ?

They are being bought by Barrick Gold in exchange for Barrick Gold shares, which are not on Freetrade.

Instead of being removed from the app, maybe the buy/sell buttons should grey out and say “corporate event” or some other explainer to that effect. Currently disappearing and then reappearing (or not) is very confusing from an end client point of view

4 Likes

Sold my shares for a £27 profit

Not bad. What did you buy with the profits… if anything?

Thanks for the feedback @Yas, this is actually something that has been discussed and we plan to develop as a feature in the future.

3 Likes

Increased my S&P500

Im a bit sad about Acacia mining it showed fantastic capital growth. made me a small profit after the sell off and reinvested in Taylor Whimpy which looks positive.

Damn, I’ve even been contemplating buying Acacia shares and now found out about this after only just realising they were missing from FT. Gutted.

Centamin alone it is then.

I just wanted to provide some clarity regarding the removal of Acacia Mining from our platform.
Acacia was removed from Discover due to an upcoming corporate event. Subject to a court hearing on 3rd September, Acacia Mining will be taken over by Barrick Gold. Acacia Mining holders are to receive 0.168 Barrick Gold shares for reach share held.

Unfortunately, at present, we are unable to support Barrick Gold shares on our platform. This is because it is a Canadian security. Currently, we are unable to support pricing and trading in Canadian dollars.

The market makers we work with can only trade a Barrick Gold CDI for a Canadian exchange, which prices in Canadian dollars.

To give a reasonable amount of notice, we have advised existing shareholders if the take over is confirmed following the court hearing, they would need to sell their shares.

We also decided to remove Acacia Mining from Discover so no new customers could buy in, to prevent any increased disappointment and inconvenience. In addition, Acacia Mining will no longer be issued as a possible Freeshare.

3 Likes