Adding to the Stock Universe

I was wondering the same thing, could do with some more adventuresome stocks.

1 Like

Hey! Great question.

Building up our universe is a really important priority in the works right now. We’re definitely expanding on what we have right now.

There are a few pathways we have for expanding the universe. Firstly there are major additions, where we’ll bring in a lot of stocks from a new market/exchange or a set of ETFs.US-listed stocks would fit here too.

Secondly, there are more specific stock requests from our community, who want us to add a particular security. We base our response on user demand and whether we can operationally add it at the moment.

Finally, there are interesting additions we make based on themes or events that we think our users will want access to. A recent IPO or an unusual ETF would fit here.

Often these factors combine, as our users’ requests are pretty smart!

We’ll usually mention any fresh additions in the weekly wraps, so you can stay updated there (or here in the community of course).

6 Likes

Thanks for the reminder :wink: if you have any requests for stocks / ETFs & there isn’t already a #stock-requests topic for the them, please do create one.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Stocks missing from the Discover tab

It’d be nice to have some view of the next UK stocks to appear (based on submissions via your “suggest a stock” document) as a new tab on the “Freetrade Securities Universe v1.0” document:

At the moment it feels like you suggest a stock and then … nowt. Has it been added to the list? Is there a timeline? Is there a reason it can’t be added now (but might later)? Etc.

10 Likes

I totally agree, you prompted us to give this some more thought today & I think you’re going to like what we’ve come up with :eyes:

5 Likes

Has this just been added :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Can there be a fractional option for the EQQQ please? :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

:eyes:really

3 Likes

Some nice new additions

(9 or maybe 7)

3 Likes

Could someone explain this from the MSCI China ETF please? Is that 5% included in the price or added on in a similar way to stamp duty?

The first bullet point to the right of that table says something like:

No entry or exit charge is payable where shares are purchased/sold on a stock exchange. Investors need only pay any relevant broker and stock exchange fees and commissions.

So I guess we don’t pay it :grin:

6 Likes

Would it be worth highlighting the newly added stocks in the discovery tab? something like a blue dot next to the stock, the same way updated apps are shown on iOS, highliting the stocks which were added since the last time the user looked at the stocks in this tab.

9 Likes

Or an intercom in-app message updating us with new stocks; similar to the one we had for the instant order fix the other day.

5 Likes

I quite like this idea - we’ll triage it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Emma, it’s great you’re looking into the small print! As Saf points out . :point_up_2:, no additional fees are levied by the fund when purchasing / selling on a stock exchange. The fees appear to be applicable only for direct dealing. There is a bit more detail on this in the fund Prospectus -

https://www.justetf.com/servlet/download?isin=IE00B44T3H88&documentType=PR&country=UK&lang=en

5 Likes

What is the process for listing new stocks? Is there a downside to just listing as many as possible or at least adding every stock on the FTSE 100?

6 Likes

That would make a good blog

3 Likes

Try open it in Chrome’s incognito tab.

It’s filtered on Asset Class = ETF. Make a copy and remove the filter.