Alibaba - BABA - Share Chat

Holding until 2026 as I planned when I first invested.

1 Like

ideally holding foreverā€¦

1 Like

Earnings Thursday morning, lets see what happens. Holding off averaging down till then. Already 44% of my portfolio lol but I love BABA

I think I will buy stocks today, going lower in China

Are you able to share some of your thinking on BABA please?

I have a small position but it isnā€™t one I am familiar with as I should be.

It will bounce back and forth, one day it will be $180

1 Like

I expect the ball to be rolling by Q3/4 of 2023 by that time results from a fully running Chinese economy will send BABA on (hopefully) a positive long term trajectory. Iā€™m personally buying under $90 at $5 stock drop intervals. My average is still $111 been there for the past 8 months. I want to bring it to the low $100ā€™s.

2 Likes

Although, even Charlie Munger admits, and I quote:

ā€œI regard Alibaba as one of the worst mistakes I ever madeā€

On a long enough time horizon, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll do better than it is now, but relations with China could really hamper progressā€¦

Ridiculous price action this month. Next earnings will be crazy good for BABA :rocket: going to buy more under $80

1 Like

My only concern with Chinese stocks are US sanctions or political interference.

China expects 5% GDP growth this year. That to me is more important than US-China relationship. CCP prioritising its country :+1:

I agree.

Doesnt mean all their stocks wont drop into the same abyss as the Russians if diplomacy goes bad.

Thats a risk, the odds of that are unclear.

Very low risk in my opinion. China is playing the long game. Its the US thats more scared now. China will grow whilst US enters recession. Theyā€™re pretty much neck and neck now.

I dont disgareeā€¦its just putting me off investing right now.

I like BABA and BIDU for long termā€¦but a lot can happen with China in the long term :rofl:

Whatever you do, i wish you well :+1:

1 Like

As for me risk is still high, thatā€™s why you see this price per share

Unfortunately itā€™s political risk, not the financial one

Alibaba is going to split into 6 businesses. I wonder how FT is going to handle something like this

2 Likes

Yep, letā€™s see how it goes! Maybe we can pass $120.
Unfortunately my average is $96, not so low

BBC News - Chinese military rehearsing encirclement of Taiwan

This kind of political stuff puts me off investing in anything China based.

USA would take Taiwanā€™s sideā€¦at least with sanctions, IMO.

1 Like

Letā€™s gamble, when #baba reach $120 again?

My call is on August