AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

Problem is every big day a new account appears using the same language and even if most ignore them then some believe and bet on something they maybe can’t afford to. Many times before they just clog the forum with 2-3 word slogans and ruin the chat.

Generally people are all really nice and although have different opinions they respect others but these wind up merchant are hard to ignore :man_facepalming: I did suggest an idea to avoid some of it but no joy yet.

And never regret as it is impossible to know the peak, I am guessing you may have broke even now though unless late in so free or close to free shares = profit :+1:

Good luck today everyone!!!

3 Likes

@Big-g just read your idea and added my vote

1 Like

HOLD!

Looks like almost a million shares were just borrowed - would be interesting if this corresponds to the volume to drop it so much

1 Like

That shot is from yesterday? I got premarket of $74.79

Mine is showing 57.01 (Google)

1 Like

The timestamp in the image says 7:25AM EDT which was 8 minutes ago.

2 Likes

Yep mine wasn’t refreshing so yours is right :+1:

1 Like

NOT ADVICE but I am sure it will rise again. Will be interesting day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

AMC have filed to sell a additional 11.55 million shares of common stock.

1 Like

not sure if this has been shared before, you can see if there’s a trading halt on NYSE stocks here as imposed by the exchange

https://www.nyse.com/trade-halt-current

2 Likes

Cheeky buggers, we will sell 11m more shares then say “Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment.”

1 Like

I did say yesterday it would be insane for them not to issue at this price.

The reality is while the stock is above ~$3 selling shares is free money for AMC so they will probably keep doing it, at least until they are debt free.

I know other commenters put a lot of faith in them saying they wouldn’t issue more but it’s hard to trust someone when they are saying something irrational and against their own interests.

They could raise more from this 11 million shares than the 350 million they issued earlier in the year/late 2020

7 Likes

Yep you are 100% right :+1: and people need to remember the business also needs to look out for themselves as the people hoping for X amount won’t be around later to help them out.

4 Likes

AMC ticker going nuts at the min. Jumps from 57-70-65-66-57-70

3 Likes

Can Freetrade team merge the topics now it is open on the main thread?

1 Like

Yes my 1/3 sell off covered my initial investment on this particular stock.

3 Likes

Ppppffft I’m holding all day long. Won’t let me buy anymore at the moment!!! Buy buy buy at the dip is what I say!

4 Likes

The warning from AMC on buying the stock is probably because of the number of brand new retail investors who have never bought stocks before and are jumping in on this.

ANY stock can go down, AMC isn’t special in that way, it’s just all the rage for new investors!

HODL!

#AMC100k

4 Likes