AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

Hot topic with the Subreddit group WallStreetBets trying to hype this one.
Looks like we need a group for this one.

7 Likes

How are they going to buy it if no brokers are taking buy orders

1 Like

Should it be our uman right to pay over the odds for an asset?

2 Likes

I have a little in this as i missed the GME train. Now most of my investments are long term but this felt like a fun ‘bet’ rather than anything serious. Back up to almost $15 (70%) from closing. Guessing there will be a dip once markets open but I can see it finishing the day around $22 if the twitter / reddit gang are determined

Still
Nothing?

Welcome to FT. Happy trading

All stocks are now unfrozen

1 Like

i just bought in… it works now guys…

2 Likes

What are you guys doing with AMC stock? Are you hopeful the price will rise again?

1 Like

Bought relatively low but going to hold. Should see some recovery post covid

I jumped on at $15 ffs :joy: only bought 4 shares

1 Like

I hold 42 stocks at around $15. A friend put 8K in when the SP was $15. He was tired of his stocks (Boeing and Disney I think) trading flat and wanted some action. That has spectacularly backfired. However, I think it can go up again: debt has been converted in equity and people will want to go out. So this will be a very long play.

2 Likes

Cinemas a finished if you ask me…:grimacing: more and more going on Netflix & Disney +. Just my opinion though. I hope I’m proved wrong.

2 Likes

I’m optimistic. No sign of it right now, but I’m going to be patient and hold.

Don’t you think the ‘cinema experience’ will be at a premium though post covid? Ppl wanting to get out and see films on the big screen. Although netflix, amazon and disney are definitely here to stay think cinema has that cache and premium experience. AMC in the US or cinemas here need to focus on that and they could do well still.
Also i know just rumour at the moment but I wouldn’t be surprised for a big tech company buying a cinema chain. They can then do all the red carpet releases and qualify their films for oscars and then move them straight to online 2 weeks later. I know I’d rather see the new Bond or Dune in the cinema first, but I’d definitely want to watch again online a month or so later

3 Likes

I definitely think there is a market but not like there used to be. I can’t see cinemas ever making as much money as they once did. I will definitely be back at a cinema again as I do prefer a film there but from a financial view there is no chance I’d be pumping money into the cinema market.

1 Like

Amc going against the grain right now

It’s on the up, take any profits you can make on it!

1 Like

With more vaccines being rolled out and capacity being increased for public events and activities, general public will take advantage of getting out for things they’ve “missed”. AMC and the likes will have some growth.

It could be seen in the Chinese market recently when IMAX shares took a bit of a jump by about 40% from october.

4 Likes

Might actually scrape back money, I bought a few at £15 :man_facepalming:t3::man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes