Asos - ASC - Share Chat

Down again - bought a little more, hopefully not just adding to my losses.

1 Like

That little green arrow is pointing in a vertical direction this morning, something not seen for some time.

2 Likes

I added to my investment in ASOS yesterday buying in the dip, my view of the company has not changed, I still think it is strong so pleased to have added to my holding at a discount. Not advice - just my thoughts.

3 Likes

5% up so far today!

3 Likes

as things are getting back to “normal” I think they will benefit from people getting out to the shops and spending

3 Likes

Both stocks clearly don’t like the sound of higher inflation. They rely on small margins x high volume. If those margins get even tighter then they’re not making much money at all.

2 Likes

This would be of major concern to me, he joined with sales around £20m and now they’re almost £4bn - he has helmed a huge growth.

1 Like

It’s not a good look for Asos. I wonder how long before foreign investors make a move on Asos, or Boohoo. The physical retailers will be hurt more presuming that the online companies can maintain lower prices relative to physical retailers.

Mike Ashley is flush with cash …

1 Like

When the current circumstances in the UK, in terms of transition from where we were before the effects of Covid and Brexit to where we are after, are closer to the end than the beginning, fast-fashion will be a hot, hot sector to look at. And I think conventional wisdom is already priced in for the shorter term.

The challenge here is that in only two of the last 28 years has inflation strayed above 3% (it was routinely higher before that), and by the end of 2021 it will have been 13 years since interest rates strayed above 2%. We’re talking about an ultra-low margin sector faced with unavoidably higher costs, a customer base which literally has zero recollection of comparable economic times and whose behavior is therefore unpredictable, and an unclear outlook for the supply chain. And I think this uncertainty presents more question marks for individual companies in the medium term. That’s true in any consumer-facing sector to an extent but more true of this one than most.

3 Likes

I’m sure many would like to think that ASOS will recover in time, possibly under new investment.

It will be interesting to see how far the price drops. Going to keep close to this one.

ASOS announces its intention to move to the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market, expected by end of February 2022.

From the latest Trading Update - Released 07:00:05 13 January 2022.

1 Like
1 Like

Back to the value last seen in 2010.

2 Likes

:grimacing: Eesh… who remembers the simpler times when it was As Seen On Screen, loved as one of early pioneers of ecommerce (in the UK at least) and when the their whole USP was selling copies of clothing that had been seen in TV shows/films ? (I kind of wish something like that still existed… does it?)

Simpler times…perhaps better times for the company too.

1 Like

Bet they regret spending 330m on Topshop and Miss Selfridge

3 Likes

Mike Ashley buys distressed/bankrupt companies like Cookie Monster eats his favorite snack.

Retail Offer via PrimaryBid

New Financing Arrangements & Equity Raise