Astra Space Inc 🚀 🛰 - ASTR

Would you believe it, it’s actually taking off.

Pun intended.

2 Likes

I see rockets taking off

1 Like

Be interesting to see what happens if launch is successful at the end of this month

Launching rocket this Friday. Fingers crossed.

Launched aborted at first attempt…:see_no_evil:

Oopse, called off until next time…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Will try again tomorrow, not the end of the world

NASA space flight is a great site and they’re handling the live stream for Astra.

1 Like

The bottom tweet doesn’t half have a better launch pad background view than normal Florida ones :joy: :+1: Looks like a perfect peaceful getaway location.

1 Like

Bit colder up there though!

LV0006, lifted off on Saturday, August 28 at 15:45 PDT (22:45 UTC). Less than one second after liftoff, an engine on the first stage failed, causing a sideways ascent off the pad. LV0006 temporarily recovered and reached approximately 50 km altitude before the range commanded the remaining engines to shut down, ending the mission.

Full article here —> https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2021/08/astra-third-orbital-attempt-lv0006/

2 Likes

How would the market react tomorrow…interesting episode.

1 Like

I’m super impressed it didn’t end in an explosion!!!

3 Likes

I think my short term investment just became long term lol.

1 Like

If the market acts in a rational fashion, as people say they do, then nothing should happen. Astra an early stage rocket company launching their first orbital launch and failure as defiantly a possibility.

We shall see …

1 Like

It should have really, it only went up because it got lighter from the fuel burn. A larger rocket probably would have.

1 Like

A possibility not a certainty. If on Friday the market was pricing a 30% chance of success that has now become 0%.

I agree the impact should be small, it’s not like this is make / break for the company.

Scott Manley has released his analysis. He’s got a great before and after comparison of the grass near the launchpad showing the scorched trail.

I watched the launch live and was genuinely confused about whether the sideways motion was a feature or a bug!

3 Likes

Oh great thanks @CashCow post a new Scott Manley video when I can’t escape another viewing of Frozen with my toddler!

2 Likes

“Disappears into a cloud of smoke like Homer Simpson disappearing into a hedge” :joy::joy:

3 Likes