Breedon Group plc BREE

This is a construction materials firm operating throughout the UK and Channel Islands. Breedon supply concrete, cement and surfacing products to their customers.

New to this platform guys. Anyone any thoughts on Breedon as an investment. Looking ahead to government infrastructure projects and some positivity now we seem close on a Brexit deal
.Any contributions welcome.

1 Like

Same idea, I’m not big player but got few to get started.

Motley Fool suggest this as a buy and hold for 10yrs if its of any consolation to anybody.

The final stock I’d buy in my portfolio of UK shares is construction market supplier Breedon (LSE: BREE). Similar to the electric and water network operators, the company owns a large number of construction and mining assets across the country, which would be incredibly difficult to build today.

It seems incredibly unlikely a competitor could get permission to set up a series of quarries around the country without spending a tremendous amount of time, effort and resources.

This competitive advantage could leave Breedon free to capitalise on the current construction boom occurring across the UK. Of course, the company isn’t the only supplier to the industry. But it is one of the industry’s leaders.