Byd ADR - BYDDR - Share Chat

Thats weird, I did by the ticker but it didn’t come up. Ta!

1 Like

Another vote here for BYDDY.
Can this be made a stock request?

I know why now, I was searching for “Stock Request” and the other thread is under stock discussion.

1 Like

Charlie Munger convinced Buffet to invest in 2008. The rest is history

Ah, yeah this one is weird because it is in the no man’s land of request / discussion.

I’ll turn it back to a request. Get voting!

BYD emerging as dark horse in global EV race:

“Chinese electric-vehicle and battery giant BYD also will report December sales. Warren Buffett-backed BYD is emerging as the dark horse in China’s EV race. BYD will look to top the 100,000-vehicle mark after setting a sixth monthly EV sales record.”

https://www.investors.com/news/nio-stock-xpeng-li-auto-report-december-sales-dark-horse-emerges-byd/

1 Like

I had no idea they were so established in the US already either!

BYD (Build Your Dream) also provide the batteries for Alexander Dennis EV buses in the UK.

1 Like

That’s great to know. I hope it can be added to FT given its global reach.

1 Like

See my previous post (April). BYD is traded ‘OTC’ not on the stock markets.

1 Like

Makes ev batteries evs and mobile phone batteries…on batteries highly integrated from raw materials to chemistry and manufacturing.

Hi @Af786

Welcome welcome welcome :ocean:

Don’t forget to search in the future before starting a new request.

https://community.freetrade.io/t/byd-adr-byddy-share-chat/53856/11

Hi @Divergent

Thanks for the request, it’s always good practice to search before starting a new request (it is not immediately clear) as in many cases there is already a request going. Keeping goes and discussions in one places help demonstrate the demand for the Freetrade team for it to be added.

Also worth noting that Freetrade do not support either Hong Kong or Shenzen yet. The US listing is “over the counter” DriveWealth who Freetrade have partnered with to run the trades for the American market have very limited support for OTC stocks and we’ve not seen any rolled out on the Freetrade network yet.

OTC stocks are traded directly through market makers and are not listed exchanges like NYSE/NASDAQ. This leads to higher volatility & higher risk as the companies don’t have to play buy the exchanges rules.

1 Like

I see,

Thanks for the indepth feedback.

1 Like

Hi there sorry if this is a stupid qestion. Why does BYD have ADR on the stock infor on freetrade, can you explain this to me please.

1 Like

If you try and buy this stock on Freetrade it will reveal some information on this subject pertaining to how the stock is and isnt traded in FT and the risks around it. Depending on your desire to hold the stock relative to your risk tolerance it might be worth looking at other ways of holding BYD iutside of FT?
I am looking at buying some inside FT for convenience, but it wont be a large holding.

1 Like