Can I set a stop/loss on an ETF?

Hi,

I use Interactive Investor and I own a few ETFs. I notice that it will not allow me to set a stop/loss on the ETFs. Is that standard practice? Or is that just a limitation of the Interactive Investor account? If so, can you recommend a different investment broker that would allow me to do this?

Thank you.

Why not ask on their forum? You could do it on this very broker whose forum you’re using to ask questions about rival brokers. :smiley:

1 Like

LOL. OK, I get your point. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, sorry to bother you again. Can you confirm that Freetrade allows users to set a stop loss on ETFs?
If so I will happily transfer my ISA here.

1 Like

You need Freetrade plus to do stop losses I think, and before selling everything, I’d make sure Freetrade do the ETFs you are interested in as Freetrade do not do everything.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m happy to pay the monthly charge. I just need to know that stop losses can be used on ETFs. Interactive Investor only allows stop losses on normal shares, not ETFs. That’s why I’m considering moving to Freetrade.

@Big-g Your on FT+ aren’t you? Can you answer @GreenGoddess ?

1 Like

I just looked as I have never done one on an ETF and the option allows me to do it with “I-shares US Tech £IITU” so I would assume it does across the board but I wouldn’t quote me on that. :rofl:

2 Likes

Just checked a couple of my ETFs and I can set up a stop loss … I’m a plus member

2 Likes

That’s great guys. Thank you so much.

1 Like