Cannabis in the US: time to get back in?

This letter from the US dept. of Health means that the DEA will move cannabis from a schedule one to a schedule three drug. Par example schedule one drugs have no medical use and schedule three drugs are considered to have medical a benefit (tylenol is a schedule three drug).

The last two years have been a descent into share consildation for US and Canadian stocks after the initial green gold rush of 2020. The below article is legislation and when it is put into action will no doubt will help with the SAFE banking issue (meaning cannabis shops will be able to use card machines - currently disallowed).

In any case freetrade is light of US cannabis stocks (notably curaleaf and trulieve). But no doubt Canopy, Aurora, Flora and co., will benefit.

3 Likes

Don’t forget about Tilray.

1 Like

Im not sure I understand what you mean re β€˜custodian’ in this context but companies. Apologies, would you mind explaining? Most relevant to US cannabis market on Freetrade:

Flora
Canopy
Aurora
Tilray
Cronos
High Tide
Clever Leaves
Organigram

Notable missing companies
Curaleaf
Trulieve

1 Like

Newlake capital partners a Canabis based reit is missing. With a 10% yield.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, great post

1 Like

I cut my losses on aurora recently an topped up my flora as they have had a solid quarter. Aurora seemed to have had a negative trend for a good while!
Will have a look at some others listed.

Would also like WM Technology Inc. (Weedmaps) added even though at the moment it’s not as well.

1 Like