Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

It’s NO AMC that’s for sure!

2 Likes

It’s looking likely that there will be a delay to the final restrictions being lifted. To me, it’s entirely predictable that such suggestions would make a stock like CINE fall.

3 Likes

How was it going to sky rocket with limited seats available in each screen, lack of films to show and still many to vaccinate.

1 Like

For me it’s a long hold!

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting it to sky rocket right away, this is one that I’m holding onto for a good while and amc and cineworld are pure chalk and cheese stocks

3 Likes

mmm, my gut says Cineworld are in trouble… They have had a tough couple of years and film fans will return with trepidation.

I hope I’m wrong, my 100 shares are now down nearly 20% but I am struggling to see how much this stock can grow.

I’m down over 9% overall. I keep buying the dip, but because I already have quite a sizeable position, it doesn’t make much difference. Personally, I think the stock will double long term, but it’s not looking great at the moment.

When are they going to go AMC full on meme stock …we want free popcorn!

3 Likes

Same here I think they will not go under but it’s not looking good!

They were being actively shorted a couple of months ago, but the situation that happened in the US is illegal here, so a short squeeze can’t really happen.

2 Likes

It’s coming back!
Glad I didn’t sell at the dip!

1 Like

My average price is 93p, so still 7% to go before I break even… :grimacing:

So, I still think there’s potential for a strong long term recovery.

1 Like

I thought it was and yesterday happened :man_facepalming:

Still a good 12 months I think my avge £1.04 not taking any more risks with it currently climate and debt amasse’s

The business will need to do something pretty radical to turn this around I think! I’m starting to regret putting any money in to this

1 Like

The business is trading with a P/E ratio of 0.6.
If my understanding is correct, that is a profit of 166% profit on each share.
This market is very susceptible to market panic and short term thinking.
I’m holding the line here. This is a typical example of having a diverse portfolio, some of which is higher risk. I’ve decided to take the risk of losses against a long term potential.
Compare this to Tesla shares where the total attraction is based on the charisma of one man and a P/E ratio of over 500! That’s a risky investment!

I did look this up but I still don’t get p/e

Like you said shows as 0.6 but another share I looked at was -9.6 but that was on up at time neither looked like they doing that great at moment as company.

I need to look it up again.

I don’t get where that figure could be from.

According to Koyfin consensus estimates for GAAP EPS are -33p and -1p for 2021 and 2022 respectively, and 6p in 2023, which is a P/E of 13.3 at the current price. Even prior to the pandemic Cineworld only made a profit of $180m so can’t be outdated.

Hi Dan
I am using the current P/E ratio quoted by Freeshare (now 1.57) on the app.

I’m just sat here thinking. Is p/e figure quoted on company or based on your holding

For me says 0.57