Commission-free Instant Orders launched today!

Surprised that no-one has posted this yet

The first feature to roll out is something we wanted to provide back in 2018 when we onboarded our first customer, but it wasn’t viable.

It is now.

Free Instant Orders are available for everyone.

70 Likes

Oh wow that is awesome!

2 Likes

That is awesome! Although my app doesn’t appear to have upgraded as of yet :thinking: hopefully soon though

2 Likes

Oh wow, this is fantastic news. :tada:

Was this the blog post that @Viktor had been brewing, I wonder? :thinking:

2 Likes

Free instant orders
 forever? Or as a well done for rolling out the investment platform I wonder

2 Likes

I wonder where this leaves Alpha and the broader business model? Revenue is only gonna come from ISAs now really? Or am I missing something (I usually am).

4 Likes

They refer to a ‘premium’ offering in the blog, so maybe Alpha is being replaced by something shinier

2 Likes

Indeed, but instant orders were (for me at least) the big attraction there. But I’m fascinated to see what FT can do to entice users to subscribe!

1 Like

I updated my app on 25-Feb (where they initially teased this feature) but can’t see free instant orders available. I too would be interested to understand the business model and revenue streams.

1 Like

Free insta orders are nice, but as a long-term investor I am not planning to make daily sales / purchases so a £1 here or there doesn’t kill me, as I tend to invest £1,000 as a minimum typically.

What does hit me hard is the 0.45% FX rate when I invest in foreign stocks. Any plans around that? It’d make sense to be able to hold part of my money in dollars, so I can trade without FX penalties every single trade.

9 Likes

Current status: hitting refresh in the Play Store. Over and over again.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 09.21.35

Someone might want to update Finextra that they can now restore the link as it went live last week.

6 Likes

Wow - I did not expect that.
I never minded paying £1 for an instant order, as that was so low compared to the other “established” brokers. Great news for the customers and keeps Freetrade competitive with the other low cost brokers.

3 Likes

I just paid ÂŁ1 this morning

This is great news, well done Freetrade!

Next on the list, please, please, PLEASE! Instant deposits.
I would happily pay a (small) charge for having instant deposits. (went through my lifetime ApplePay)

2 Likes

I was told a couple of weeks ago that I’d been upgraded but not showing free for me :thinking:

1 Like

I think they mean you will need to update the app from the Apple Store / Play Store - I guess they are rolling out the updated app at some point today.

2 Likes

I did that last night and have additional problems too

1 Like

As a founding member I already had free instant trades & free ISA, so no change for me. But hopefully now the upgrade is finished these new features will come thick and fast, and they will start ramping up the user numbers with some aggressive marketing.

6 Likes

Yes, brewing is the right word, although in the best way possible! We wanted to share the whole story about building a sustainable business :slight_smile:

Instant Orders are free as of now! :boom:

Don’t forget to update your app to the latest version.

24 Likes