Community Meetup - 8 PM Wed 24th Feb 2021, live on Zoom

lol, u are lightning fast!

2 Likes

Product

GME changed priorities. Growth has meant focusing on customer operations

Freetrade are focusing on improving payments. “You should always know where your money is” - @Duncan. Making it quicker!! Feedback if there’s a hold up with deposits I.e wrong ref no. Notice improvements in the next couple of weeks.

Still working on EU trading but levelling up on key areas.

Auto invest / pilot feature. Teams most favourite feature that is currently not in app. Isn’t being worked on currently. It’s extremely high on the roadmap. They want to keep evolving this feature as time goes on. Ability to have mix of auto and self investing!!! No timelines on this.

8 Likes

Autopilot (automatic monthly investments into specific stocks etc), is on the horizon and on the high wish list :slight_smile: exciting the future is bright

4 Likes

It’s a normal thing. You always watch your competitors.

Product continued

UK fractional shares - Currently working on this. Complex product, the uk system wasn’t built for it. They working with LSE to deliver it. They want to own this feature, so they can roll it out to other markets.

JISA - currently on the roadmap. They are not working on it today. Guardian management of JISA.

12 Likes

New stocks

Adding a lot of stocks. 100 stocks next week. USD Dom ETFs being added to the app!! (Hopefully FTEK :wink:). Looking at adding Samsung!

“It’s going to be a large stock universe this year” - @Viktor

They are looking at National Dec stocks this year

10 Likes

Funding

THEYVE CLOSED SERIES B!!! :partying_face:

Crowdfunding

They have to wait 12 months, they are looking to raise 16million(?)

26 Likes

Great to hear from @Duncan, he sounds like a real asset to Freetrade.

12 Likes

It was great seeing some of you guys and obviously hearing from the Freetrade team!

@Viktor I hope you don’t mind me sharing some of the info with the community

9 Likes

Web interface

On this years roadmap. Watch this space. There isn’t any concrete updates yet

9 Likes

They are brave inviting @szb back on the stage :joy:

3 Likes

Did @adam just hint at a Canadian launch? :eyes: :canada:

11 Likes

Did they mention something about a SPAC or did I mishear that?

6 Likes

ex Monzo and 15 years with Hargreaves Lansdown, so loads of domain knowledge.

6 Likes

I did hear that but I think it was mentioned more in passing or as a joke. Happy to be proven wrong tho

1 Like

The Sweden office move makes sense to me now, will be used as a EU legal base. Someone made the AstraZeneca analogy or even Unilever works.

4 Likes

I found it interesting that solving Fractionals is tricky, as surely they have done it once with America (even if others offered it beforehand) and so I’d have imagined that doing it for a new market could utilise experience from doing it the first time.

Does anyone know how does EIS works ? What are the chances of the UK crowdfunding being EIS compliant ?

Any word on Series B?

1 Like

US fractionals are supplied by drivewealth (via thirdparty). I believe if Freetrade crack UK franctionals they’ll have a real USP. It would also make them less dependent on drivewealth

4 Likes