Crowdcube on Crowdcube

They just did a fundraise on Crowdcube. £2M sold out in 12 minutes.

How many crowd funding rounds has Crowdcube completed now? From the looks of this thread there were at least one or two in the past.

Can only see one round on CB.

Six: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021

Thanks James. Any idea of the share price at these rounds?

Looks to have been £0.29 in 2016.

hey - 46c for this round

1 Like

In CC cubex information for CC it says 13 rounds but I guess that they include all type of rounds as they included the last 10m a few weeks ago

Whenever I try to think about how Crowdcube will apply their 5% Success Tax to the profits on your holdings of Crowdcube which will increase the value of Crowdcube and make you liable for the 5% Success Tax on that growth… and so and so on and so on.

I get stuck in an infinite loop.

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: That’s why I bought both FT and Crowdcube so somehow I must end up gaining. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

But but but… if you use Crowdcube to invest in Crowdcube then don’t they keep taking 5% of everything you have in an infinite loop until you have a tiny tiny indivisible fraction like an atom or a proton or a quark or something…

Towards the end stages, before Crowdcube turns into the singularity and becomes self aware, perhaps they buy the Large Hadron Collider to see if there’s any way to smash your remaining quark and take 5% of that as well.

Now I’m not saying that they’re unjustifiably greedy… but…

11 Likes

Does anyone have the historical valuations or price per share of Crowdcube please? I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone who has sold on Crowdcube can explain something for me. I am unsure what my investments are going to be worth as I have only ever bought shares from various CC pitches and don’t intend selling any time soon.

I guess the 5% is a given for the vultures at CC, still not sure about the FT shares though :man_facepalming:, but it also says the below on their site and the highlighted bit is very unclear to me. I could ask them but trust this community to give a better user experience answer.

What are the fees for buying or selling shares?
If you are buying shares, a 1.5% investment fee will be applied to the amount you invest, which is subject to a minimum of £0.50p and is capped at a maximum of £250.00.

If you are selling shares, a range of fees may apply depending on the transaction type. These fees will be confirmed before the transaction is completed.

Also, funny reading this thread from 2018 where the debate is about 1.5% Vs others adding after selling and now CC do both :rofl: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Just invested in Mous & Solivus through CrowdCube - both look promising.

1 Like

Tomorrow they have new round

It’s not a new round, it’s a secondary sale.

No EIS I understand, for anyone interested.

EIS is only ever on newly issued shares, so never available on secondary markets.

1 Like

Any idea if the sale is at the same price as last raise or higher/lower? Thanks

End of 2021 raise - share price 48p. This secondary listing is set at 37p share.

COO then says: "in this round, the institutional lead investor negotiated the discount on any secondary shares that it acquired; therefore, this discount is also being applied for all other buyers of secondary shares, which are Crowdcube investors buying shares on the Crowdcube platform. We want to ensure that those investors are treated fairly, equally and offered secondary shares on the same terms as institutional investors. Please note that buyers in private equity secondary transactions regularly negotiate the application of a discount because existing investors do not usually otherwise have access to liquidity ahead of an IPO or trade sale.

Bill Simmons
COO Crowdcube"

2 Likes

I’d place a bet that someone like SeedInvest will buy them as a previous partner and to avoid StartEngine being able to scale in this region having bought Seedrs.

6 Likes

Crowdcube updating their terms. Big changes:

Anyone else had this email. Thought it could be an email scam but :thinking:

2 Likes