Crowdfunding round seven, Wed 24th Nov 2021 🎉

This isn’t mine but I screen shot it a while ago, its the best I’ve got

4 Likes

That´s disappointing, in the AMA of Spring 21 they said there would be plently of EIS if I remember correctly.

I assume some big investor will have taken all the EIS allocation.

I think the demand in this round is gona be huge!

Not neccesarily as there are many EIS rules. Like not have gross assets worth more than £15 million before any shares are issued, and not more than £16 million immediately afterwards. Or having less than 250 full-time equivalent employees at the time the shares are issued.

7 Likes

@saf thanks, I wasn´t aware of that.

If that´s the case, this means their valuation/assets are greater than anticipated at the time of the AMA in Spring 21

3 Likes

Thanks!

Let’s crowdsource some due diligence in advance of the raise so we can dive into the new materials with an informed historical and comparative perspective.

None of these are mine. I’m re-sharing here for anyone new to the community:

FreeTrade User Growth from @zaccharles :

FreeTrade Share Price from @adam :

FreeTrade Valuation from ImmenseSoggyAnaconda:

5 Likes

Seems reasonable but hard to say if it’s the reason. They have also been recruiting for 4 offices.

More important point to consider is if you think it’s a worthy investment. EIS did soften the risk a lot.

On the other hand you might find existsing shareholders willing to sell at a discount. Circumstances change, we are all growing, priorities change. Not that I’m selling for less than ~£XXX, although I’ll be accepting all types of fiat, crypto, property, luxury items in exchange :slight_smile: You’ll also get a sweet one of one NFT :eyes:

1 Like

You need to be subscribed to the main Freetrade email list to get early access at 11 AM on the 24th.

You can subscribe here:

5 Likes

That’s a quote taken directly from the FAQs in the link Sam Posted

edit, the post I was replying to disappeared :thinking:

1 Like

The only reason I didn’t invest in previous rounds was because I didn’t understand EIS.

1 Like

So can I confirm the image posted on the Twitter post will be available as an NFT for exclusive discounts for all existing investors? Or will it just be round 7 crowdfunding investors?

For avoidance of doubt, no one has suggested it will be an NFT - just looked really cool.

4 Likes

Yay finally I get to become an investor but as someone who doesn’t have crazy amounts of cash I’m scared of what the share price will be ahhh

3 Likes

If you go by that chart above it should be around £9-12 but who knows could be pushing £13+ now in November.

1 Like

Next sweepstake: how long will the Crowdcube servers stay up next week? I’ll take 0 seconds to 1 minute.

8 Likes

Congratulations all the FT team - can’t wait to read the prospectus :clap::tada: :rocket:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, we’ll be hosting a special edition AMA on Wednesday :wave:

Hope to see some of you in person on Wednesday!

And everyone else online, as we’ll be streaming the AMA section on Zoom.

8 Likes

What time will the valuation be announced on the day? - just thinking about factoring dilution into any further investment.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about the share price, it’s not really relevant (unless it is so big you can’t buy a single share) - look more at the value of the company and how much you believe it can still grow, then decide if you want to invest.

If you feel Freetrade has peaked and might at best double in value over 10 years then that should affect your decision more than the share price. However if you think Freetrade can still grow 100 times over the next 10 years then the share price doesn’t matter mostly

5 Likes

on fire man, o fire

second to that

Also I love the nod to the title of the ‘how many users now?’ thread :grin:

10 Likes