Crowdfunding round seven, Wed 24th Nov 2021 🎉

Trying to work out my share dilution from previous rounds so I can work out what’s sat in the pot…any helpers??
Round 2 = 26126 shares
Round 3 = 9596 share
I’m guessing there will be around a 50% dilution by now as shares out there now are around x2 from when invested.

1 Like

Looking forward to raise opening and gaining more investors to join us on this journey and accelerate Freetrade’s growth further!

:chart_with_upwards_trend: :racing_car: :moneybag:

3 Likes

If my calculations are correct, dilution from R1 to the last round was 53% => If you owned 10% of FT in R1, you owned 4.7% after the last raise.

That being said, shares were also worth x47 more after the last raise than when bought in R1 so…

2 Likes

I agree - I think you still own the same QTY of shares. The “dilution” is because more shares are issued each round, but the qty you own doesn’t change.

If I’m wrong then I own a lot less shares than I had hoped!

The share price and valuation will be available on the pitch page when the page goes live.

7 Likes

First investment there were appx 30m shares & 2nd time appx 33m shares. Currently appx. 66m shares which means more shares created devaluing original shares….I think

1 Like

Hope it’s this way :hugs:

1 Like

Should be an epic reveal! Looking forward to purchasing more shares in Freetrade :partying_face:

3 Likes

Hi Vincent,

I invested in R5 of freetrade.
Does it mean Share A or B or just R5😊
How do we differentiate between Share A and B?
Thanks in advance

“You can also get some exclusive Freetrade swag for investing above a certain amount.”

Haven’t missed a swag pack yet! Although this time around that “certain amount” may be pretty punchy - there is no way they want to send out 10k+ swag packs.

A big outlay for sure, but remember, you won’t be able to attend the IPO party if you aren’t wearing Freetrade swag*.

'* absolutely no evidence to support this statement.

9 Likes

I think I heard the cut off was 6001 :wink:

5 Likes

How many shareholders are there above 6k? Sounds like it could be a huge party!

Glad you like it, we couldn’t resist :grinning:

12 Likes

No EIS is a bit of a downer. When making this type of illiquid investment and tying up cash for years as a result some sort of tax sweetener is a must. Add in the likely high valuation limiting future gains and not sure about this round and the necessity for it.
Veering more toward a marketing exercise as opposed to an investment opportunity.

9 Likes

Ah yes, but FT point of view, of course it’s a marketing opportunity. You get an extra few thousands customers and brand ambassadors(some in Europe), who in turn will bring their friends, colleagues, family etc. The extra capital and the fact its not scrutinised like a VC is a bonus.
No brainer from the company point of view.

7 Likes

Chip recently launched a round of crowdfunding. Just before it went live they sent existing investors a tool to work out how muc/ how many shares you needed to buy to prevent dilution - any plans to do the same?

3 Likes

It’s called a calculator isn’t it?

6 Likes

What I think @stephen meant was -

Hi @theonlyjamie :ocean: good to see you here :+1:t2: :wink:

8 Likes

With some basic maths and guessing, you need to buy ((no. of shares you own/73m) x new share total) - no. of shares you own.

So if you own 73000 shares (I wish😜) and the new total is 100m shares,

73000/73m = 0.001 (0.1% of FT) x100m you want 100,000 shares and need to buy 27000 more.

Or another way (in the hypothetical example of 100m) you buy 27/73 = 37% extra. This is the figure that would be constant for everyone and will be shared on the day.

My apologies if wrong.

2 Likes

Good point.

But I’d like to think that those who are concerned of dilution are investing huge amounts such that their % ownership of the company is meaningful (not like 0.02% in my opinion) and therefore should know, or at least learn, how to figure out dilution themselves?

For most of us, or at least for me, I’m contended with knowing how much the share price has gone up.

Or maybe I’m wrong or missing something. :grin:

8 Likes