Crowdfunding round seven, Wed 24th Nov 2021 🎉

I don’t think it’s so much the % ownership that people are worried about, but when you start to think that Freetrade could be worth £xb one day the only two factors that affect how much your investment would be worth is 1. How many shares you own, which you can control to an extent and 2. How many shares are issued or could be issued through options, which you can’t control - Dilution.

3 Likes

I used to own 0.1% of Freetrade - now I own about 0.056% - oh well :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

I think it was an issue with the series B, with possibly too much given away “too cheaply” but at this point it’s not a big deal, unless they’re planning on £100m crowdfunding or something.

3 Likes

Agreed :+1: % is unimportant, value is what matters in the end of the day. Besides the % lost in dilution is from money added to the business to fund expansion etc so without it the value may be lower as expansion may not be possible.

People thinking “but the company could be worth X in the future” should realise it would be worth Y in the future if the dilution never happened. I’m sure FT will utilise the money from the round to increase the worth of the company for all old and new investors.

5 Likes

Sorry to be “that guy” - but who do I need to get in touch with to get my Title updated before the next party starts?

not much idea why the rest of us are discussing seriously on the number of shares, what matters the most is the value of your amount.

3 Likes

Maybe a University can help… I tried to be a doctor a few years ago but gave up half way through.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
InkedDr.-Cool-logo

1 Like

SOO READY!!! This will be my first round of funding for FT :tada::raised_hands::raised_hands:

19 Likes

Haa!!

1 Like

Hey @Freetrade_Team the “about” page on the Freetrade website, which is linked in one of the FAQs references 8,000 crowdfunding investors, but other marketing material is talking about 13,000. The website may need a quick update:

From https://freetrade.io/about:
We are proud to have nearly 8,000 shareholders through crowdfunding, regular people like yourself.

2 Likes

Another broken link, @Freetrade_Team.

In @Viktor’s email announcing the crowdfunding, there’s the following:

Morrison Supermarket share chat (£MRW) - link

It’s a dead link, though - it like like that topic has been made private (“Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”).

Is there a minimum amount needed to invest the crowdfunding round?

Also, on the tax relief page, is it best to select yes even tho it doesn’t qualify this time.

Completely new to all this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s usually a £10 minimum, but I believe it’s always been rounded UP to the nearest full share. So minimum will probably be the value of 2 shares if share price is below £10 per share or 1 share if share price is above £10.

Play it safe and budget for a £20 minimum as that should cover you in either scenario.

4 Likes

Hi guys quick question , maybe a dumb one :sweat_smile:

I’ve invested previously - with EIS - and have X amount of shares eligible for CGT relief

If I invest in this round and buy Y amount of shares with no EIS eligibility, i’ll hold total X+Y shares

In the future when I sell my shares, how will I distinguish whether i’m selling X or Y, and as such know whether I should pay CGT or not, on a particular share sale?

2 Likes

I think HMRC uses first-in-first-out in this kind of situation. If you have different packets of EIS shares, there is some flexibility about which you sell, but otherwise it’s assumed you’re selling the earliest ones first.

5 Likes

Thanks guys :nerd_face: you’re right, first bought, first sold. From HMRC…

The normal capital gains rules apply but with exceptions. The main exceptions are that there are special share identification rules. You identify disposals out of a holding of shares which includes shares to which Income Tax relief is attributable on a first in, first out basis. Shares disposed of are identified first against the earliest acquisition.

4 Likes

The following seems to be the same with a rearranged heading

3 Likes

Let’s cut to the chase.

How much are you lot chucking in?

4 Likes

How much are you lot chucking in?

Depends on valuation really. Annoying the pitch won’t be available until the day

But personally I want 273 shares to make my holdings a round number :joy: :nerd_face:

4 Likes