Darktrace - DARK - Share Chat

Fact is thought that the actual product is VERY good. This should win out in the SP over a longer window of time but of course it isn’t always that simple. TBF though it was always mentioned it would be bumpy due to that investor :rofl:
I do think that the massive increase in retail investors has created many bumps in some stock prices where they treat it like Skybet. Wether this is one of those I don’t know but for me it is a buy and leave/ignore for the medium term at least.

2 Likes

That unfortunately is not a fact. That is an opinion.

But I’ll give you this: I am not questioning the technology. The underlying technology is used by many other companies and Dartktrace needs to show a stronger distinguishing feature (possibly a commercial differentiation).

1 Like

Sorry but it is a fact and not just my opinion, I never said best, unique or similar, I said “very good” which it is. I think the market has space for quite a few Very good companies, which there are many, as the industry is getting bigger and bigger as more goes online.

Darktrace technology named ‘AI Cyber Product of the Year’ at UK National Cyber Awards 2021 for second year | Cambridge Network

1 Like

Ok. If you wish. Maybe it is your expertise area and you know the market well.

1 Like

Notice that is a PR article. Better to focus on Business fundamentals.

1 Like

The rollercoaster that is darktraces share price on an up ramp this morning.

I’m getting whiplash

I’m getting sea sick with how much this is up and down.

1 Like

Well hopefully the trend is back up think it may hover around the 650-700 mark for this week

things you love to see

1 Like

Seems Berenberg disagree with Peel Hunt:

“any share price capitulation is a result of fear not fact”.

3 Likes

Berenberg is pushing a management opinion (following a meeting with management). Berenberg is one of the banks involved in running of the secondary placing of the Vitruvian Partners LLP holding. It would be nice if the Berenberg note has given some solid details. It hasn’t. It is merely reiterating that management has confidence in its product. It is notable that Berenberg hasn’t actually negated anything in the Peel and Hunt note.

IMO Darktrace management should be focused on pulling a rabbit out of the hat. It would be great if they could act more like one of the the great US technology companies. If they do … it will end up being roses.

Until then volatility is the name of the game.

3 Likes

It’s all gone quiet here

I’m still optimistic

:+1:

2 Likes

hopefully pick back up over next few week

Aye - I suppose that’s because those of us who’ve lost a bit are crying in the corner. Well it’s a long haul game from what I can see with DT. As others have said it was only natural to see a dip when the early crew got out but all being well I would think it will head back up. And its clear that there’s been quite a lot of panic activity as well without any real reason behind jt.

1 Like

No. There are a lot of good reasons behind it.

The ball is now firmly in the court of the companies management.

1 Like

Yep, it often seems to happen with hyped stocks but the trend is still up quite a lot from the IPO so still a good bet I think. Definitely medium to long term for me but obviously not advice. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hopefully will go back up to £10 again :+1:

And we’re off…

£6.50 by the end of today I think

:crossed_fingers:

Tomorrow then

:wink: