[Feature Request 🔧] Cryptocurrency support

1 Like
1 Like

I tend to agree with the article but as they also said it will be a slow process happening over few years time.

I believe that the change from PoW to PoS (ETH 2) will be also key and help with public opinion over environmental concern of mining.

A bit worried about the very expensive gas fee for ETH network.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Ethereum above £2000 earlier today :raised_hands:

Definitely one of my better swing trades after topping up my Eth last year.

5 Likes

Nice to hear you are also trading ETH… I’ve been looking at my ETH portfolio far too much recently and am grinning each and every time I do so :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have any price targets where you will start to take profit?

I was looking at £3500 (circa $5k), mainly because I felt that was a reasonable prediction for this bull run… but also because I topped up at £350 and I like the idea of 10x :joy:

2 Likes

No set target… although I do think 5k is very much achievable this year, maybe :crossed_fingers: possibly of 7.5k.

I’ve got a trend line (upwards support) on ETH/BTC and ETHUSD to establish when the intermediate trend ends… the moment I get a candle that closes below my trend line… I’ll sell into either BTC or a stable coin (pegged to USD) depending on which is my best option at the time…

i.e if BTC remains on its downtrend I will avoid it like the plague.

1 Like

Would love for FT to include Crypto, as i’d love to see all my balances in the same place… and more importantly i’d love for FT to be able to include it in their deposit statistics.

6 Likes

https://www.ethinsider.io/how-to-use-technical-analysis-to-spot-pumps-before-they-happen.php?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=M1840_ENG_BROAD_CRYPTO_FINANCE&utm_campaign=ETHCOIN&fbclid=IwAR0ij_9mk_3dI2QIkPuGSd8Nfs49tipnSMrnRyN3HOhaRA7wWMxRyexngqo

2 Likes

I know most folks here don’t like the idea of crypto and would never invest in them. So pardon me if I may sound like I am shilling crypto.

Ever hard of BAN? Banano is a crypto that has been around since 2018. When I first approached it, I was thinking of another meme crypto similar to doge, which I would never touch even with a stick. At the moment I only hold BTC, ETH and DOT (together they amount for approx 25% of my invested capital).

BUT (of course there is a but) I fell in love with their community and you can contribute to a good cause. I never actually bought BAN, you can “mine” it even with a old CPU. The things that “bought” me is that you contribute to medical research instead of wasting your computational power to solve useless intricate puzzle.

You can choose the project you want to focus on (covid, cancer, Alzheimer, etc) and it feels great even if the payout is negligible. Have a look at the picture below and I would love to hear your thoughts :thought_balloon:!

4 Likes

Ah! Folding at home… The time when people donated their computing resources for altruistic reasons!

3 Likes

BAN is a fork of Nano, which I own. If I’m not mistaken, you don’t mine it as its all been mined. You do run representatives, like TOR’s incentives, as part of the network. I also own BAN

1 Like

Yes you are not actually mining, you rewarded with BAN based on the points produce on folding@home.

I mean separate from folding but aye you’re correct

Ever heard of Helium? Try to get my hand on a hotspot but waiting lists are like 5-6 months.

1 Like

Phew. Ethereum is the only thing that I hold. Thanks Zeus for crypto-magic beans during times like this when my Freetrade account is all red and angry.

9 Likes