[Feature Request 🔧] Lifetime ISA (LISA) 👶🏻👵🏾

Adam covered here about the JISA

1 Like

Any indication of whether FT’s Lisa will accept transfers? I’d hope/assume so but it would be great to have confirmation of sorts.

Yeah can only hope

Same :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a long thread dating back to 2018, but I guess the summary is that today, this is not soemthing Freetrade offer, but that it might happen in the futre (yet no one is holding thier breath)?

2 Likes

Would love to open a LISA with Freetrade. Don’t fancy opening an account with another provider just for a lifetime ISA. :crossed_fingers:its coming in the near future.

3 Likes

Carnt believe this still isnt a feature. Had to open one with hl along with jisa

2 Likes

Fees with HL are reasonable anyway, can only see Freetrade charging extra for it if and when it does come along.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting how it’s priced. Ideally, it would be included in Plus to add value to the subscription

Say it’s an extra £60 a year. FT would cost me £180 while it would be £245 with HL for my use case.

An extra £65 for a full-service broker would tempt me to switch.

I’m thinking of switching to an ETF on HL with my LISA for the £45 capped fee. Could then set up direct debit to invest the full 4k so no charge, then would be £11.95 to invest the bonus, maximum cost per year £56.95.

Upgrade on FT would cost be an extra £60 but would be more flexible in terms off adding money and other shares etc.

1 Like

Yeah, I could do similar with my Sipp. I think the cap’s £200. It’s not bad value if you stick to free regular investing. HL often offers a switching bonus which can effectively wipe out the fees for a year too.

I can hardly wait for FT to launch a Lisa as I’m nearing the cut-off age. I’d love to have everything under one roof and, thinking about it, I would be prepared to pay more for that convenience.

£180 would be good value for a Isa, Lisa and Sipp. The equivalent on HL would be £326 if you assume one £12 a year trade in each account.

Part of me thinks it’s worth paying that little bit more for the peace of mind of not having my lifetime investments with a neobroker.

Freetrade have missed the boat on this. AJ Hell, where I have my LISA, are lowering their fees to ~£5 a trade and I as I use my LISA for long term investing with limited trading it’s not so important that I have the free trades of Freetrade for this investment.

I only hope this was a deliberate decision by Freetrade, perhaps LISA/JISAs are just too complicated and low margin for them to bother with, rather than Freetrade just dropping the ball and not getting their LISA/JISA offering to the market in time.

Correct if people are just buying to hold for the next X amount of years the revenue generated would be limited.

dodl is cheap for a lisa…just limited selection of etfs.

Like others in this thread I got bored of waiting for Freetrade to offer this. I moved all mine to Dodl in the end to escape HL’s fee structure; Dodl is pretty cheap by comparison though in time the % fee will catch up with me.

It’s a shame Freetrade never really showed an interest in this but I guess the limited portfolio sizes just don’t stack up from a cost perspective.

2 Likes

I opened with fidelity last year

1 Like

I use Dodl too for this

Hl for me