Fixed number of shares

I think weā€™re just disagreeing on semantics. Pretty sure weā€™re both on the same page on the core issue. There is no screen for enter x shares to buy. So from a technical standpoint itā€™s never been available you always made a by value order and it always rounded your order down, now it just doesnā€™t round it down.

1 Like

Fair enough, I will concede that orders have always been value based.

I think the overall factor here that most will agree on and that has been discussed at length on multiple other posts is the lack of choice.

Users are being forced to utilize a feature that for some makes it difficult for them to accurately balance their account finances and would prefer the option to switch between them at least.

I myself am on the fence, yes for some companies I would prefer to be able to buy whole shares, however for the some companies that have shares that are in the 1k+ range it would be nice to switch and purchase some fractions of them.

The key that FT needs to understand is choiceā€¦take that away or deny it and it leads to the kind of frustration we see in these threads.

3 Likes

I agree I donā€™t see why it canā€™t be

Invest the amount you want or number of shares youā€™d like to buy

3 Likes

Can we merge these topics, we are just repeating the same points.

1 Like

We should have the choice, simple as that ā€” and not behind a paywall :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Which features seem to suit the paywall for you?

To clarify; If a pre-existing (free) feature is removed from a product, and then re-introduced for an additional fee ā€” that would permanently damage my trust. I subscribe to the ISA, and donā€™t intend on paying more :upside_down_face:

1 Like

some real gymnastics there but sure, why not

Please explain.

Before the fractional share update, people received whole shares from their orders. Now they donā€™t.

How are my statements gymnastics? Iā€™m only stating facts. No bias implied, no motive. Iā€™ve already conceded to @Eden that orders have always been value based.

So I have no idea what your argument is, so please elaborate.

1 Like

you are responding to an arguement I never made. I answered a question about fractional shares very literally.

you responded with ā€œErgo they werenā€™t available before, so whole shares were always purchased and therefore possible.ā€ as if that proves something? did you even read what I wrote?
did you read what I wrote, decide you didnā€™t like it, so invented something youā€™d prefer to argue with?

gymnastics

Mate, youā€™re too much hard work. I didnā€™t realise that you took my sarcastic comment questioning what the fractional update did literallyā€¦

You accuse me of gymnastics, so permit me to make a comment as nicely as possible regarding you. Iā€™m going to follow the advice of Mark Twain on this.

Your original response to me for reference. Iā€™ll leave it at that.

And they all lived happily ever after.

4 Likes

lol Hard work. Are you used to conversations where you say things and everyone just accepts it? Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t make it easy for you.

Iā€™m going to bow out of this one, mostly because i have no idea what youā€™re talking about now