Forum AMA with Duncan Leslie, Freetrade VP Product, Fri 5th Nov, 1 PM

Yep, there’s a change to open banking coming called ‘variable recurring payments’. Catchy :wink:

Basically this means being able to move money easily, regularly and automatically from your bank account to your Freetrade account. It’s also a whole lot less clunky and expensive than standing orders and Direct Debit. The banks have been mandated to implement this, so we’re waiting with bated breath…

6 Likes

Anytime!

That’s it for today folks - thanks for your questions, it’s been fun, I hope you’ve got some of the answers you hoped for, there’s so much more to come!

Enjoy your weekends and look out for more insightful AMAs to follow soon.

23 Likes

Thanks for jumping into the community bear pit @Duncan & @Freetrade_Team for setting this up.

13 Likes

Thanks, @Duncan - it was really interesting! :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks Duncan :+1:

1 Like

Thanks to @Duncan and to everyone who shared questions!

See you all next time for the next AMA, and have a great weekend in the meantime :wave:

10 Likes

Top man :+1: Thanks for the answers you could make.

1 Like

“Soon”:

• European Stocks
  • Sweden Launch

Roadmap:

• Autopilot
  • Crypto
  • DRIP
  • Statements
  • JISA/LISA
  • Employer SIPP Contributions
  • UI Refresh

Not Now:

• Trailing Stop Loss
  • Faster Withdrawals
  • ‘variable recurring payments’
14 Likes

Not the answer I was hoping for, but I think I understand why it is so

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to our queries. Much appreciated

1 Like

@Duncan

12 Likes

That’s a great answer, which I would not have thought of!

Not sure if it would count as ‘advice’, but a “because you bought…” suggestion would be interesting for sure. Definitely good to learn off other apps, even in completely different industries.

2 Likes

The three big surprises?

If the ground works are laid that does mean that they could quickly access other markets soon after the European launch.

1 Like

Did you ever get an answer on this?

1 Like

I got this: (right link this time!!)

2 Likes

Mmmm, hopefully soon. Thanks for the link

That’s right @Peter, the overall design of our apps have done us fine until now, though as we’re now currently delving into the design for the web and thinking about the future complexity of our products, we will need to make improvements.

14 Likes

Please keep it simple as the app is great as is :stuck_out_tongue: Adding new features whilst keeping it so user friendly must be a challenge with sooooo many requests. :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.