Fractions for all šŸ°

Plenty of time. Canā€™t see much thats going to shoot back up

Yup, especially with S&P500 futures down 5% pre-market (the limit it is allowed). This market will continue down for a while IMO

Donā€™t think we need fractions anymore. By the time this ends, everything will be a fraction of what it used to be :wink:

33 Likes

@Viktor Will you be writing any important blog posts in the next couple of weeks? Asking for a friendā€¦

6 Likes

Any update on this I was advised this was coming out a while ago?

Also, is there a list of the first batch of shares being introduced? Got to work out my next move! Oh and a ballpark ETA?

3 Likes

I want fractional shares!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Same. I want them, but canā€™t say the thought of them on Freetrade excites me anymore. The extended wait has killed any suspense I once had.

Once they launch, sadly itā€™ll be just bringing some feature parity with what neo-competitors have that Iā€™ve now come to expect.

12 Likes

Whatā€™s the latest update from the team? The wait for this and the increased stock universe is killing me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been keeping quiet on this for a while now. But Iā€™m open to say, the expectation management of adding the share universe and even worse, fractional shares. Is really really getting me angry and disappointed. The dangle carrot trick only works, if you can pull it off in a decent time frame. The carrot has long rotted and mouldy now for me "/. Hard too when youā€™ve told so many others about freetrade and then, the good stuff still hasnt happened.

8 Likes

Got to caveat this by saying I have no idea how long these things should take.

But is does feel like itā€™s taking longer then it should.

1 Like

Letā€™s just wait for the coronavirus to be to blame for an even longer wait.

1 Like

Well that could be an acceptable excuse imo.

Yeah of course, itā€™s not like theyā€™ve been hyping this up for at least year. How long has coronavirus forced work from home?

Yeah but it could be the reason it hasnā€™t been pushed over the line.

I donā€™t think theyā€™ve been working on Fractionals for a year either? How could it even start before Invest was finished and launched?

Unless you work for Freetrade, how would you know? But even then, I remember the time when the new platform was promoted to be rolled out in the first half of 2019.

I had a similar showerthought this morning, which of these do i find myself the most concerned with:

1. anxiety around impact on markets due to covid-19
  2. anxiety around not being able to buy fractional shares

In the wealth accumulation phase (which i assume most of us are), it may be unreasonable but number two is clearly causing my most frustration. Could be down to the reason I joined 8 weeks ago, primarily on friends advice that fractional shares ā€˜were being released soonā€™.

2 Likes

Feels worse on the days stuff bounces back, but then youā€™re relieved when it drops back down again.

I think in general itā€™s an incredibly stressful time to be in the market.

3 Likes

Updates. Thatā€™s whatā€™s needed, people can understand delays if a basic explanation is given. But now it feels like something is wrong and we arenā€™t,t being told, out of sorts with the comms of a few months ago

3 Likes