Freetrade Competitors

5 Likes

They must be confident that PFOF will either not be restricted or Trade Republic can generate significate revenues without it. 5bn is a big valuation, Robin Hood are only worth $8bn.

Probably they are still growing a lot. Plus having Sequoia in the cap table always helps in the fundraising

1 Like

Sequoia are a big beast and a great rosette to pin on your chest but I’d love to see Trade Republics CAC, Cash burn and route to profitability.

1 Like

Regarding my conplaint.

It appears my complaint has been successful.

All fees have been waived.

I think saying you will go to the FOS and be willing to mean it, certainly made them see sense.

Isn’t it lovely!

To anyone who is benefitting from this, please send me bottles of rum as a thank you :slight_smile:

13 Likes
2 Likes

:rage: etoro
The company that refuses to honour the uk/us tax treaty and charge you 30% dividend tax

The sooner I can get my investments off that platform the better.

Really,thats disgusting to be fair,is it even legal?

That is a full misrepresentation of the story. They withhold as required to do so. They could claim back (and so could you) - but they are not obligated to do so.

3 Likes

Yes. It is your job to sort out your tax position not the brokers. The broker is usually legally required to withhold tax at source unless the tax provisions allow them to go through some often very complex processes. This is why most execution only brokers don’t reclaim withholding tax from most countries. And only some do for the US.

2 Likes

Ahhhh i see,i thought it was just done for you like freetrade does it.thought it sounded a bit dodgy.

It doesn’t do for any country other than the US and even then doesn’t do 0% in a SIPP.

2 Likes

I only invest in ISA tbf.

Will be interesting to see how this develops

10 Likes

Just saw a John Lewis advert for finance. It has partnered up with Nutmeg to provide a ISA/JISA etc.

3 Likes

Lightyear launches in 19 European countries

5 Likes

Would be a great time for Freetrade to release something positive

7 Likes

They’ve moved quickly. They only just launched in UK. Sounds like they have some big ambitions.

5 Likes

No ISA so In my mind not really a competitor.

4 Likes

They’re moving fast and this should be a concern for :freetrade: - that said they’ll need to be offering some tax-advantaged accounts before they’ll get any serious AUM.

Did they build any tech them selves are they white labeling?

4 Likes