Freetrade Competitors

(Kenny Grant) #1

This is an old article from last year, but I think it is interesting in showing HL customer growth, and give some idea of the size of market Freetrade is entering:

It looks like they are growing around 100k customers a year, it will be interesting to see similar figures from Freetrade over the next few years as they grow.

Who is everyone else using to invest prior to or as well as freetrade?

• Hargreaves Lansdown
  • Interactive Investor
  • Halifax
  • Motley Fool
  • Degiro
  • Barclays
  • The Share Centre
  • Selftrade
  • Other (post below)

0 voters

I’ve used Interactive Investor and iWeb (same platform as Halifax), both selected on grounds of platform/transaction cost. II has got a bit better this year but both are pretty user-unfriendly experiences.

(Vladislav Kozub) #3

I just use a fancy Russian broker with a 0.3% flat fee (used to be 0.03% :frowning: ). But quite informative and with good analytical tools inside.

Once the US stocks are available switching to :freetrade: completely.

I’m with Hargreaves Lansdown and AJ Bell Youinvest. Both I guess have competitive ISAs if you only hold stocks, ETFs and investment trusts (annual fees: HL £45 , AJB £30 vs FT’s £36 monthly/£25 annual) but neither can compete with FT’s zero trading fee costs.

(Rob Nicholson) #5

I use IG which is geared to short term trading rather than long term investing. E.g. They’ve recently introduced a £24 quarterly custody fee which applies unless you trade 3 times in a quarter @ £8 a trade (or have a large smart portfolio).

Pretty similar to Interactive Investor who charge a quarterly fee but then give you some free trades…

IG, Interactive Investor and Barclays have all raised fees in the last year!

(Big Boss) #6

Y’all forgetting to mention the crazy FX spreads each and every one of those houses charge!

(Kenny Grant) #7

Sorry I meant to add IG, went off to find out what their name meant and forgot! Too late to add it now.

(Kenny Grant) #8

Really like the screenshots you posted from that tool, hoping freetrade takes a look at it.