Freetrade Competitors

3 Likes

Another competitor, albeit with a slight twist

2 Likes

They will need to improve this to satisfy our average forum user :joy:

Lightyear’s first iteration of the app is being launched with unlimited access to over 100 global stocks and ETFs

3 Likes

“Why does Freetrade not have this diamond mining stock from the West African Stock Exchange that I want to buy, this is terrible” - Average forum user

13 Likes

The other favourite is “FT announce 250 new stocks” first posts are “But when are we getting X,Y and Z?” :joy:

2 Likes

They are moving fast. Given the website says

Has anyone joined and invested via Lightyear yet? What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

I just signed up and I’m in the queue. No time frame given for onboarding. The app seemed quite slick with a nice UX.

The name is rubbish to Google though.

If anyone wants a referral so I can jump the queue, I have no intention of replacing my FT ISA & SIPP I want to see what it’s all about and share with the community -

please don’t flag me, I’m spying. Like James Bond but balding and a little overweight … so nothing like James Bond

11 Likes

I got an email informing me I’m in the first 2000 on the waitlist and they will give me a £10 bonus to invest.

I’ll give the app a try when I get the on-boarding email.

5 Likes

Nice. Be interesting to see how they approach this.

1 Like

Same here… :blush: The name is a bit strange… But interested to see what it’s like!

2 Likes

That’s basically advertising competitors though. So don’t be surprised if this gets deleted. :smiley:

4 Likes

ahhh but it would be great if companies like LVMH, Adidas, Nestle, BMW… would be available on Freetrade

1 Like

Apparently 200 people joined the queue in the 12mins between me and you i.e. a daily growth rate of 24,000 users. At £1,000 valuation per registration they should be a unicorn by the end of October!

Anyway in all seriousness I’m unlikely to switch, because without ISA/SIPP it’s of limited value. Might be a bit cheaper than Degiro in some cases though so might have some merits as a GIA.

It is crazy how many of these are springing up now though.

6 Likes

Are we setting up a ‘How many Users now?’ thread for Lightyear? What’s going on here guys! :smile:. This is what happens when you delay the Crowdfunding round :upside_down_face:
(4, 815 in the queue)

2 Likes

“Lightyear Financial Ltd (FRN 955739) is an appointed representative of RiskSave Technologies Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority”

They’ve gone down the appointed representative route, different to to Freetrade who got fully authorised by the FCA way before launching. Presumably since they’re late to launch they need to go down this route. It’ll be a long journey ahead if they plan to get fully authorised, build their own platform, connect directly to all the exchanges etc.

8 Likes

A clever marketing tool to jump the queue with a referral I’m 4838th :joy: I’ll be staying put here but happy to have another option in case it does something not available here etc.

1 Like

I am 4839th in the queue,just now.

By the way , I am not switching my Freetrade, am just curious.

1 Like

Robinhood had the same thing for their UK launch, I jumped right up the queue through loads of referrals as so many people were excited for it - obviously that was a waste of time in hindsight.

2 Likes