Freetrade Competitors

plus Skype… and Bolt…

not sure why Estonia seems suspicious …

3 Likes

He’s thinking of Elbonia

2 Likes

Malta is a wash with the mob who blow up journalists in broad day light.

Bulgaria has a large problem with money laundering and organised crime.

Next Markets Headquarter (they for got the ‘s’) is in Cologne so why not use you ‘native’ regulator?

1 Like

Estonian but it was set up in London.

Yes, you are 100% right both Hinrikus and Käärmann were residents of the UK when they set it up and they did set it up as a UK startup.

1 Like

2 Likes

Wealthsimple also closing US books. It seems they will be focusing on their own soil Canada. They have autopilot, junior ISA and SIPP employment contribution (that freetrade is missing :crazy_face:)

2 Likes

Wealthsimple holds over £3 billion in customer assets in the U.K. and $10 billion in Canada, and caters to more than 2.5 million collective customers.

1 Like

The charge 0.7% - 0.5% management fee too.

£3bn x 0.6% (mid point) = £180m £18m revenue.

HL have a P/E if 20.63 & AJ bell 43 P/E which ‘could’ make the wealth simple UK business worth a lot, could they not have sold it? Floated it?

What am I missing?

I’ve used HL, their fees are shocking if you have a small account. I also use eToro - I really like their interface/chart/trailing SL but they don’t have as many tickers as FT, especially smaller cap names.

@adavid Where does the UK number £3 billion come from?

Hi Brian :wave:

4 Likes

@bitflip

Wealthsimple Review: 3 Key Findings for 2022 | StockBrokers.com.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

There is something really odd about this number. I invite you to look at the P&L accounts of this loss making company filed in December 2020. There is no mention of the held customer assets merely a percentage growth number. A Google search doesn’t corroborate the £3billion.

2 Likes

@neilb There is something odd about this. The (last) P&L accounts filed in the UK don’t corroborate these UK revenue numbers. Of course there is one way out of the conundrum - when investing with this company perhaps one is actually investing with a non UK entity.

1 Like

It’s £18 million not £180 million.

1 Like

Edited - That what happens when you rush on an iPhone calculator

1 Like

£272M Wealthsimple

3 Likes

So my “does this number make sense” sonar seems to have gone off correctly.

1 Like

Had a JISA with them for my daughter - don’t think I’ll go to moneyfarm - any suggestions on a similar-ish provider?

EDIT: looks like they don’t do JISA’s :sweat_smile:

1 Like