Freetrade Competitors

Can a large legacy company can just copy what a fast moving start up can do. It’s been seen many times that you can’t just copy the features of the challenger and suddenly poof the challengers melt.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t describe FT as a fast-moving startup ATM. There have been about 2 new features all year.

9 Likes

Erm …

Fast

intransitive verb

1. To abstain from food.
  2. To eat very little or abstain from certain foods, especially as a religious discipline.

I didn’t see a single vegetable in the whole office, just Pizza and Beer!

2 Likes

If features were food, FT has been on Ramadan all year! I checked back through my app messages the only 2 things released were live pricing and instant bank transfers.

10 Likes

Didn’t they ship SIPP this year?

2 Likes

Maybe yeah I think it was Dec/Jan time.

2 Likes

Hear what you’re saying but I’m sure it was possible for you to get your point and views across without resorting to playground-type language.

By the way, welcome to the forum but you seem to be very familiar with the forum, so I’m guessing this isn’t your first time here.

5 Likes

Come on Brian you know why.

4 Likes

The issue has seldom been about what you say it’s always been about how you say it. I don’t feed trolls.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

3 Likes

Don’t think HSBC will be a real competitor of Freetrade!

1 Like

AJ BELL AUA increased to 72.8 billion from 56.5 billion. Customer numbers increased 87,450 to 382,750 year ending September 30th.

3 Likes

No mention of what the fees may be :eyes:

"You always pay zero Euros per transaction. How can we offer this? nextmarkets, like any other online broker, receives rebates from stock exchanges where your orders are executed. "

Looks like they use the PFOF based model which the EU are banning

2 Likes

ii (Interactive Investor) - sold to ABRDN for £1.5bn

3 Likes

Why are they always based in somewhere a bit suspect? Lightspeed = Estonia, T212 = Bulgaria & Next Markets now Malta.

That said they have EU fractions & Desktop app so have a good offering.

2 Likes

@NeilB Estonia has a pedigree. Excellent Software infrastructure. Didn’t Transferwise i.e. Wise get started there?

5 Likes

Anything in particular that makes them a bit ‘suspect’ ?

1 Like